Kroger

www.kroger.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Would never leave them for another retail company, lets put it that way

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They're a progressive company if you're in one of the regions that is experiencing growth. They're open minded. If Walmart is the worst of retail, Kroger Marketplaces are the best of retail. Extensive and well paid for training (again, if in the proper regions).

Cons

You really need to be working at one of the Kroger Marketplaces to understand how well Kroger will shine ten years from now. If you're living in a place with slow economic growth relative to the national economic recovery averages and you're not working at a Marketplace .. if those are both checks for you .. then you may not see how Kroger is any better than any other retail company. This is both Kroger's strength & weakness - they're willingness to experiment and innovate - for those left behind it's not so great, but for those able to get in on the cutting edge .. it's better than any other retail experience one could have. Are there cases where I'm wrong? Have I seen people fired improperly? Perhaps. But for the most part - everyone at a Kroger Marketplace actually enjoys being there. There are always ups and downs. I would argue most people who don't get the hours they want are not getting them because of availability or a lack of arguing for them.

In the long run - Kroger is likely trying to extract itself from it's entanglements with unions. As this process evolves in right to work states, it will be very important and increasingly so over time for management to build a great working relationship with their employees. I'm not comfortable elaborating on what all of that means because I've not gained enough management experience myself - and essentially every manager I know at my Kroger Marketplace knows what this idea means.

1836 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

It was an okay enviorment, but more like high school.

Current Employee - Kroger in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Kroger in Canton, MI

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason was because you got paid every week, you can't go wrong with that. I like the head supervisor she was really nice.

Cons

The work place was horrible, it was like high school even one of the supervisor would participate in gossip. If your not liked at krogers then most likely your going to do all the work.

You get what you are paid for

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers are great people to work with and are down to earth.

Cons

Routine Tasks will be a part of your job unless you are upper management.

Get more bottom up