Kroger

www.kroger.com

You get what you are paid for

Current Employee - Deli Clerk  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Co workers are great people to work with and are down to earth.

Cons

Routine Tasks will be a part of your job unless you are upper management.

Get more bottom up

Other reviews for Kroger

Kroger is a great company to work for and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to be employed there.

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor  in  Douglasville, GA
    Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Douglasville, GA

Pros

Kroger is family oriented and is willing to work with your flexibility. They also offer great benefits.

Cons

Because It's retail, the rude customers are not always great. Also, depending on the store you work in, It's hard to get a full time position.

Love the company, but please make it easier for employees to obtain full time status in the stores.

One step above fast food. Seriously

Current Employee - Dairy Clerk  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Dairy Clerk in Durham, NC

Pros

Out of work, moved to new city and needed a job. Saying," A job at Kroger is better than no job." is like saying, "Any girlfriend is better than no girlfriend." Join the union, because you will need it to CYA!!! They will try to browbeat, railroad, ramrod, and corner you into running yourself ragged for poverty wages, then try to force you out so they can replace you w/ a part-timer.

Cons

VERY low pay. Very vague about benefits, pay-raises, opportunities. No encouragement to stay. Very few people stay, high turnover. Apparently Kroger pays people just for showing up, because the majority of the long-term employees are unmotivated, can't get another job, or won't try. The long-term, non-management employees are mopes w/ no leadership initiative. Apparently my supervisor is mentally challenged. He's been there over a decade w/little idea what he's doing. He's nothing but a glorified stocker, that's it. I've been there 1 3/4 yr.'s and have encountered this phenomena of 3 clerks in charge of section who were absolute...ABSOLUTE...bon a fide, "special-needs", remedial-class, learning disabled graduates. Too many overpaid chiefs, not enough decently paid Indians.

Promote somebody besides cashiers and front end people to upper-upper management and maybe...just maybe...you'll see a profit. Upper management needs to get out in the field and listen to some employees instead of telling us what YOU think it is Kroger needs. You need to train your customers. Pay new hires for "transferable-skills". I wonder what investors would think if they could see the way these stores run. After all, isn't the way a store is run, indicative of the way a company is run. But I guess that "No news is good news.", huh? Then again, how many investors are actually employees, because it seems that all that these long-term employees are working for is their retirement. Which might be good for some people, but at this age and younger, I'm more concerned about how I'm going to make it today.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!