Kroger

www.kroger.com

Okay experience, but my location doesn't care much about their employees.

Cashier (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNice part time hours and you get a lot of experience dealing with people. And nice place for career advancement. I always shop here and love the stores.

ConsThe pay sucks. Five cents above min. wage. When they want you to work, you must work. You're not a human, you're a robot. Even if you're a part-time employee, they don't care if you have a second job, Kroger wants you there when they want you there or they're ready to fire you. They always stress that the customer is so important. If the mgr at my store cared so much about his customers, he'd give his cashiers enough courtesy clerks to help out with customers who have a lot of items. I have to leave my customer standing there while I start bagging tons of groceries and it slows down the process of getting customers in and out of the store.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better managers who know how to schedule people properly. And they fired this new girl because she wanted to go to her closest cousin's college graduation on a Saturday, she had already told our front end supervisor in time. He didn't care and said she must be at work anyway. So the store mgr told her either she shows up or he's firing her. She chose to go to her cousin's college graduation. It's not like she was going to a piano recital. It was important. But they do that to a lot of employees and they threaten you with firing if you don't do what they want when they want. It's just a $7.30/hr check anyway.

Great company to work for

Process Analyst (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of opportunity for promotion, great benefits package. Kroger has been doing incredibly well lately and it is a great pleasure… Cons: The usual "corporate" politics and favoritism. It isn't always… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great

Cashier (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

I worked at Kroger part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: staff is great and very friendly Cons: don't have any cons other than the usual problems working… Advice to Senior Management: good job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!