There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Okay experience, but my location doesn't care much about their employees.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice part time hours and you get a lot of experience dealing with people. And nice place for career advancement. I always shop here and love the stores.

Cons

The pay sucks. Five cents above min. wage. When they want you to work, you must work. You're not a human, you're a robot. Even if you're a part-time employee, they don't care if you have a second job, Kroger wants you there when they want you there or they're ready to fire you. They always stress that the customer is so important. If the mgr at my store cared so much about his customers, he'd give his cashiers enough courtesy clerks to help out with customers who have a lot of items. I have to leave my customer standing there while I start bagging tons of groceries and it slows down the process of getting customers in and out of the store.

Hire better managers who know how to schedule people properly. And they fired this new girl because she wanted to go to her closest cousin's college graduation on a Saturday, she had already told our front end supervisor in time. He didn't care and said she must be at work anyway. So the store mgr told her either she shows up or he's firing her. She chose to go to her cousin's college graduation. It's not like she was going to a piano recital. It was important. But they do that to a lot of employees and they threaten you with firing if you don't do what they want when they want. It's just a $7.30/hr check anyway.

1508 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Process Analyst  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Process Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Kroger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunity for promotion, great benefits package. Kroger has been doing incredibly well lately and it is a great pleasure to be a part of such success. The culture of the company is always about what is best for the customer.

Cons

The usual "corporate" politics and favoritism. It isn't always what you know, it's who you've made friends with.

Okay Starter Job

Former Employee - Produce Clerk
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk

I worked at Kroger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Discounts on Products, Working With Customers, Helping People

Cons

Horrible Management, Minimum Wage, Bad Work Schedules

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!