Kroger

www.kroger.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

Chaotic Warehouse not meant for females

Former Employee - Order Selector in Delaware, OH
Former Employee - Order Selector in Delaware, OH

I worked at Kroger full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It was nice to be in a union, and have amazing benefits. People have been there for years and make a career out of being a order selector.

Cons

As a female, I felt uncomfortable constantly. There was a lack of females in the entire warehouse of over hundreds of males. There was a lot of harassment that I faced for only being there less than a month and it made me despise the company. Very dangerous when the men expect you to get out of their way and would cause accidents without a care. Constant injuries that were not minor were also a fear as everyone lacked safety while management did nothing to enforce it.

Make it more worth while since it is a very labor intensive job while supporting the females that do come in. There are people of both sexes that are completely capable of doing their job well if you create an environment that is not about sex.

1913 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Shady, alienated company.

I have been working at Kroger

Pros

As a former front end worker and a current deli (bistro) employee, the work is very easy for people with common sense. Some benefits are nice. Most coworkers are great.

Cons

Where do I start? Management is only there to enforce rules that look good on paper. They have no idea what actually is happening in their departments. Ask the same question to 5 managers, you will get 5 different answers. Favorites are played big time. Don't worry about whether something's right or wrong. Saying anything won't get you anywhere. HR workers act as if they are from another planet. It is near impossible to get anything when you actually need it. Kroger hires some very very strange individuals. It is basically impossible for an awful employee to be fired. Especially if they are part of the union. If you want to have a job where there's not something constantly going wrong, DO NOT work at Kroger. Many parts of corporate Kroger are hired third party companies. If you have previous work experience don't hope for experience pay.

Actually listen to your employees. Try to assist them if they have an issue instead of blowing them off. Recognize favoritism and fix it.

Enjoy working here but I feel that I am talked to like I'm ten years old

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Sugar Hill, GA
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Sugar Hill, GA

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Energetic and outgoing and a ton of nice people and a bunch of fun people

Cons

Feeling of being talked down to like your a slave while your on the clock by some management.

Treat all employees as you would want to be treated if you were them

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger