Kum & Go

There are newer employer reviews for Kum & Go

The Job of No Breaks

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Kum & Go full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A job as a sales associate will certainly help you gather the knowledge and skills about customer service and auditing. If you complete a college education while employed with K&G then you will have a good opportunity for a corporate position.

Cons

The pay is low, no benefits, no breaks, constantly busy (if your located in the city) no vacation time for non-management positions, most of the time they do try to save money by staying under-employed which means longer working hours, and since K&G is one of the few companies that do not force customers to pre-pay for gasoline, you will be asked to keep a a constant eye to make sure no one steals gas...

Switch to pre-pay only, that way no one will steal gas and you can use the extra money that you will gain from this and give your employees a well deserved raise... or at least offer basic health benefits. Also maybe close down all your stores during major holidays, most of your employees do have families and those who do need gas can pay at the pump. Finally, offer some vacation time. I strongly believe that implementing these suggested idea's would effectively and efficiently boost sales and most importantly, employee morale. Therefore making K&G an even better company than what it is now.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Kum & Go (View Most Recent)

Working for a retail based company

I worked at Kum & Go

Pros

It is a good company to start off with and they do look after you . The movement within the company is also possible may it be on the retail side or the corporate side.

Cons

If you work in a small city they going higher up will be pretty diffcult as sometimes it looks like the person above you will never leave his job.

Try to ask around and they try to keep your eyes open for opportunities as they are slim so when they come just go for them quick.

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager Ll
    Current Employee - Sales Manager Ll

I have been working at Kum & Go full-time

Pros

This is the easiest and most fun job I have ever held. At my particular store we have more control and a lot of free reign. The customers are great. As long as you can keep your team inspired and smiling, getting everything done is the easiest thing. It's the spontaneous challenges that keep it interesting.

Cons

When you read "fast paced" in the job description, they meant it. As this company grows, new challenges arise and policy is ever changing. Many times, it's up to you to discover these changes. The communication you get depends on your RM and DM and how well they get info out.

More communication and transparency. Better articulation of the theory behind changes at the store level so we are completely clear on how new programs and policy is supposed to work with other facets of store operation. You have some intuitive geniuses working for you (seriously, it's like figuring out a Scooby Doo mystery sometimes with the cryptic discussions of roll outs of store operation tools that are supposed to make thing "better) that enjoy their jobs. I bet with a bit more clarity at the store level, we could do even better.
    Let us have more say at store level about products to carry for our specific demographic, we know our customers on a personal level. Most of management can even give you a run down of projected numbers right off the top of their head just from the daily customer inquiry.

There are newer employer reviews for Kum & Go