Kum & Go

www.kumandgo.com

The Job of No Breaks

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsA job as a sales associate will certainly help you gather the knowledge and skills about customer service and auditing. If you complete a college education while employed with K&G then you will have a good opportunity for a corporate position.

ConsThe pay is low, no benefits, no breaks, constantly busy (if your located in the city) no vacation time for non-management positions, most of the time they do try to save money by staying under-employed which means longer working hours, and since K&G is one of the few companies that do not force customers to pre-pay for gasoline, you will be asked to keep a a constant eye to make sure no one steals gas...

Advice to Senior ManagementSwitch to pre-pay only, that way no one will steal gas and you can use the extra money that you will gain from this and give your employees a well deserved raise... or at least offer basic health benefits. Also maybe close down all your stores during major holidays, most of your employees do have families and those who do need gas can pay at the pump. Finally, offer some vacation time. I strongly believe that implementing these suggested idea's would effectively and efficiently boost sales and most importantly, employee morale. Therefore making K&G an even better company than what it is now.

Working for a retail based company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kum & Go

Pros: It is a good company to start off with and they do look after you . The… Cons: If you work in a small city they going higher up will be pretty… Advice to Senior Management: Try to ask around and they try to keep your eyes open for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

sales manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Joplin, MO

I have been working at Kum & Go full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the pay is decent, they are very profesional, care about… Cons: i worked for a manager that took advantage of people liking over time and would have her assistants run the store and work 15+ hr… Advice to Senior Management: please dont take advantage of your employees....if you see they have potential… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kum & Go.

Worked for Kum & Go? Contribute to the Community!