Kwik Trip

www.kwiktrip.com
  www.kwiktrip.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kwik Trip

good company

I have been working at Kwik Trip full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

profit sharing, good ownership, great business plan

Cons

wages, long hours, lack of humility by some in management

114 Other Employee Reviews for Kwik Trip (View Most Recent)

Top Company to work for!

I have been working at Kwik Trip full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Kwik Trip is a people first company. The mission statement of "....make a difference in someone's life" is truly lived out and celebrated. One way the company makes a difference in the lives of its co-workers is by sharing 40% of the pre-tax profits with every employee. This is in addition to an already stellar benefits package. Every level of this company has outstanding people working for it.

Cons

With how generous the owners are to the employees of Kwik Trip and how they truly make a difference in the lives of thousands of people everyday, I'm not sure how one could complain about working for this company. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel named Kwik Trip the Best place to work two years in row based on feedback from Kwik Trip employees.

Thank you for everything that you do!

Exausting, relentless work of an ASL

Current Employee - Assistant Store Leader
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Leader

I have been working at Kwik Trip full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-The company is profitable and growing.
    -The stay with the times and are high tech compared to competition.
    -Stores are cleaner, nicer then competition.

Cons

-Long hours, expect no life outside of work
    -Expect to work terrible hours and work most holidays
    -Salary is awful for 50 hour weeks.
    -ASLs spend most there time as glorified co-workers running the register or doing trash, not by choice, but by nessicity. There is little chance to manage the store, unless you want to stay after your 10 hour shift when your finally able to do something other than duties.
    -Profit sharing only amounts to a couple grand, which is nice, but since ASL salary is so low it's not making up for the poor base pay.

Treat ASLs like managers or get rid on this position. Working as an ASL can be demoralizing, watching your store leader go to kwik cup for doing the same thing I do every day is rough. I work worse hours, more weekends and If this was holidays, yet still aren't worthy of going to kwik cup.....how do you think that makes us feel? It's time to make this a real management position, with decent pay, better hours (do you really need a manager at a gas station past 9-10PM?) and the same perks as store leaders. changed and the required number of weekly hours was 40-45 I'd call this a good position.

There are newer employer reviews for Kwik Trip