Great company, great people

I have been working at Kwik Trip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent direction and growth opportunity.

Cons

The stigma against the convenience store doesn't go quietly

Keep up the great work. Connections between ownership/upper management and co-workers is excellent. It really is one big family.

Other Reviews for Kwik Trip

Good employee benefit program but need to watch the little stores to be sure those employees get equal opportunities

I worked at Kwik Trip part-time

Pros

They did offer a great profit sharing program. The management worked hard to work with me to help balance work and family.

Cons

I lost my vacation time as it had to be used and I worked extra hours to help the store and as I would have been over 40 hours they would not pay me my 8 hours vacation. I was not offered any chance to advance my career. Shift leaders would just yell when things did not go her way. Store manager lived by the motto if she got in trouble all the co workers under her would also get in trouble.

Experience will depend on the store leader.

Former Employee - Retail Coworker
    Former Employee - Retail Coworker

I worked at Kwik Trip full-time for less than a year

Pros

One location I worked at gave me the same schedule that rotated every two weeks. I knew what days I worked ALL the time, thus could plan ahead. How nice this store leader was. Don't expect that anywhere else in this company.

Cons

Uh, no discounts at this job--none. I also literally threw out "expired food while I couldn't feed myself and family. I was very disheartening. The least this "family owned" company could have done was donate this food to a local food bank--but they didn't.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Work with your team to make your store a cohesive unit. These "store leaders" apparently are not trained this way.

There are newer employer reviews for Kwik Trip.

Worked for Kwik Trip? Contribute to the Community!