There are newer employer reviews for Kyocera

Overall unsatisfactory experience in terms of communication, positive reinforcement, direction

Current Employee - Digital Product Support Hotline in Fairfield, NJ
Current Employee - Digital Product Support Hotline in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at Kyocera full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

New President has done great job in providing much needed leadership and direction which has resulted in actual profitability and good prospects. Started out flexible with accrual of up to 5 weeks PTO and ability to take half days at a time with the encouragement to take time off, even offering so much vacation reimbursement. Most employees at all levels are friendly and approachable. Good fairly clean work environment and excellent chef-run cafeteria. Original job as supervisor allowed time and offered opportunity to learn new things, keep up with updated resources and news.

Cons

Depending on department the Pros above can be very different or non existent. There is evidence of favortism and cliques among management so therefore some undesirable "policies" will not change. Not alot of communication or direction or positive reinforcement going on here. the first few years I was a supervisor my subordinates were given performance reviews by my manager without my knowledge or collaboration!! Raises are low- probably average about 1.5%.

Advice to Management

Change the Under My Thumb micro management style in some departments and put you money where your mouth is when you say "employees are the most important" and "do the right thing as a human being". More positive reinforcement, more frequent communication between supervisors and managers providing constructive critcism, praise, direction and goals instead of blindsiding and hitting hard at review time. Take the exponents out of Multi-tasking please!! We are not robots or machines or computer processors that can handle so many simultaneous things successfully or consistently. Take this into consideration PLEASE.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Hard work, very old school, backward thinking company

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kyocera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel Good People and Great Benefits

Cons

Very Old School style of doing things. Must be cheap with travel expenses. Not receptive to new ideas.

Advice to Management

Open up more and provide better training

2. Not a bad place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Kyocera

Pros

In terms of people, the best place I have ever worked. At least within my amoeba, work hours is flexible (i.e. work from home). Not too much pressure from management (probably they know our salary is not competitive).

Cons

Too much focus on seniority. Too much “promote within” mentality (too many cookie cutting senior managers). If you get things done, management keeps unloading more work on you.

Advice to Management

Not necessary advice to management but advice to people who are having interviews with Kyocera - Raises and compensations are not performance based – it is seniority base. That been said, work minimum amount to the point where you won’t get fired or laid off but plan to stick around for long time.