There are newer employer reviews for Kyocera

Not recommended to work there

Former Employee - Technician  in  San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Technician in San Diego, CA

I worked at Kyocera full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like hours that I worked and convenient location..

Cons

Low wages, not so friendly, Japanese dictatorship style. Waste of time exercising twice a week, poor equipment to work with. not professional management

13 Other Employee Reviews for Kyocera (View Most Recent)

Overall unsatisfactory experience in terms of communication, positive reinforcement, direction

Current Employee - Digital Product Support Hotline  in  Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Digital Product Support Hotline in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at Kyocera full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

New President has done great job in providing much needed leadership and direction which has resulted in actual profitability and good prospects. Started out flexible with accrual of up to 5 weeks PTO and ability to take half days at a time with the encouragement to take time off, even offering so much vacation reimbursement. Most employees at all levels are friendly and approachable. Good fairly clean work environment and excellent chef-run cafeteria. Original job as supervisor allowed time and offered opportunity to learn new things, keep up with updated resources and news.

Cons

Depending on department the Pros above can be very different or non existent. There is evidence of favortism and cliques among management so therefore some undesirable "policies" will not change. Not alot of communication or direction or positive reinforcement going on here. the first few years I was a supervisor my subordinates were given performance reviews by my manager without my knowledge or collaboration!! Raises are low- probably average about 1.5%.

Change the Under My Thumb micro management style in some departments and put you money where your mouth is when you say "employees are the most important" and "do the right thing as a human being". More positive reinforcement, more frequent communication between supervisors and managers providing constructive critcism, praise, direction and goals instead of blindsiding and hitting hard at review time. Take the exponents out of Multi-tasking please!! We are not robots or machines or computer processors that can handle so many simultaneous things successfully or consistently. Take this into consideration PLEASE.

Hard work, very old school, backward thinking company

Former Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kyocera full-time for less than a year

Pros

Travel Good People and Great Benefits

Cons

Very Old School style of doing things.
    Must be cheap with travel expenses.
    Not receptive to new ideas.

Open up more and provide better training

There are newer employer reviews for Kyocera

Worked for Kyocera? Contribute to the Community!