Boot Camp (Either You Make It or You Don't)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at López Negrete

Pros

Learning through hands-on tasks rather than being taught how to do things.
If you are an overachiever you will get far.

Cons

Management needs to take accountability for all victories & fails of team. Most of employees use resources lavishly without taking any consideration on how it affects overall growth of company.

Be more productive as an actual team (you are as strong as your weakest link), get involved with everyone and advise accordingly.

Other Reviews for López Negrete

Challenging, like any other environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at López Negrete

Pros

Plenty of work to do, never a dull moment. Plenty of opportunity to prove onces case, or get a project green lit, provided you actually know how to make a case for your ideas. This is the most tolerant workplace I have ever worked with regards to second, third, or fourth chances for employees. There are some really smart and competent people at LNC, and the vision of the company and its execution are remarkable, despite the shortcomings of some of the more vocal employees working there.

Cons

Surrounded by some petty, backstabbing, dolts who can't understand when someone is trying to do something for their benefit, but rather see it as brown nosing. Some people here have serious self-esteem issues and need to be told how great they are on a minute by minute basis. Green with envy is the color of the day, because god forbid you get told in a meeting that you did a good job on something and someone get left out or doesn't get the "pat on the back", its as if you personally pee'd in their cheerios. Many days I come to work and can't tell the difference between the behavior of some of those I encounter at the office and my kids elementary school class.

Buck up lil camper. Tie that horse to your bumper and drag its dead beat ass to the water, then dunk it until it drinks.

They are trying to lead in Latino advertising

Current Employee - Account Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at López Negrete

Pros

The offices are beautiful. Many parties and good things to employees. People are fun and friendly. Take care of each others, specially when they are sick or need support. Work variety is good. Salary is very good.

Cons

Very little training or professional development. Decisions go around and around with no results. Slow to promote from within. Deadlines can be unrealistic. Restrictive time off policies.

Things aren't perfect, but they're better. I've been here 6 years, and it's a bigger agency now, and Alex and Cathy are coming into the 21st century. They keeps growing, getting more accounts, and learning what it takes to be a larger agency. Keep trying to do better.

There are newer employer reviews for López Negrete.

Worked for López Negrete? Contribute to the Community!