There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Avionics

Great Engineering, Myopic Leadership

I worked at L-3 Avionics

Pros

Great Technical Staff
Good working conditions
Interesting projects

Cons

Inability of senior management to pick a successful product direction
Replace management every two years to try again

Select a realistic product strategy and then stick with it. Don't be afraid to adjust as things change; don't wait the product is doomed.

4 Other Employee Reviews for L-3 Avionics (View Most Recent)

Exciting development of new technology in the navel and maritime fields.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer  in  Perth, Western Australia (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I have been working at L-3 Avionics

Pros

Technology is definitely leading edge in its field of the development and provision of acoustic systems and solutions in local and global Naval and Maritime domains with a particular emphasis in the areas of Through-water Communications, Tracking & Evaluation Ranges and Geospatial Support Systems.

Employees are very committed to their work. There is a very wide range of disciplines supporting the products from mathematicians to electronic assemblers.

Coffee and location (middle of Fremantle) is great.

Cons

Management still need some maturity.
    Business Processes still under development and at times more emphases placed on the letter instead of the sprite of the procedure

A few minutes spent being proactive would save hours having to act reactively.

Fairness is more important than correctness or verbatim compliance to procedures.

Great people, excellent perks, best work culture & management there is!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at L-3 Avionics

Pros

I've been a working professional for 26yrs at 6 different organizations and L-3 Avionics is BY FAR The Best. GREAT people - caring, respectful (I've been here 8yrs & have never heard anyone raise their voice). Cool extras- like your B-day off with pay, massage chairs, every other Friday off YEAR-ROUND! Management truly values the people - 'walks the walk' and 'talks the talk.' Probably why no one ever quits without a reason they can't control.

Cons

Office areas are dated; a couple of negative people need to be dealt with; we need another large meeting room.

Thanks for not taking away the costly employee perks. Keep doing what your doing to help us become successful in a difficult economy.

There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Avionics

Worked for L-3 Avionics? Contribute to the Community!