There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications

If you didn't have to potential to grow with in the company they would not keep you around.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Greenville, TX
Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Greenville, TX

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

They give free training and you get paid for it. There was never nothing to do so if your building didn't have a contract for you to work on they would find something for you to do, rather than send you home.

Cons

You had to be at work extra early so that you would have enough time to get to your building because it was so big.

reviews filtered by
  1. Just shut up and take the money!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at L-3 Communications

Pros

Paid very well for what little/mundane work we had.

Cons

No room for promotion. Did not offer much opportunity to better yourself I.E. School. Had some decent programs but was very hard to get approved. Medical benefits... well at least I was able to say I had insurance. Wasn't really a benefit... more like an all you can rob buffet.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and try to hire management that can understand English better.

2. A nice medium-sized business

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockwall, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Rockwall, TX

I worked at L-3 Communications

Pros

ComCept has good people and a solid product. The middle managers are also good people and allow a flexible schedule. The pay is a bit above normal for an entry level software engineer.

Cons

Recently the company has dived into Agile without sufficiently training the employees. Also, the upcoming defense cuts have many people running scared. While the policies are fairly lenient, beware the wrath of HR if you stray outside of those policies.

Advice to Management

Take the profit cuts and continue to keep up training your employees. Also keep up the IRAD - keep learning new things or die.

There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications