L-3 Communications

www.l-3com.com

Excellent benefits

Software Developer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsL-3 has a generous education reimbursement program. They will pay for you to take certification exams related to your duties, attendance at professional conferences or college courses / graduate study. There is also lots of support for healthy lifestyle - the cafeteria offers healthy alternatives, there are intramural activity programs, corporate Olympics, stress reduction and chronic illness coaching available. In the IT department, they are very conscious of market rates and make efforts to keep their offered salaries competitive with the marketplace.

Oh, and they also let you choose your work schedule - 4 ten-hour days, traditional or alternate Fridays off!

ConsLike most large companies, the organizational structure is a bit complicated and takes some time to learn. It is sometimes hard to get initiatives started or to deal with problems because people tend to deflect ownership of issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue your trend of asking line-of-business employees for their input regarding large projects such as Encompass. This is where you will get your most accurate feedback and most valuable information.

Smart Company Structure

Business Manager (Current Employee) Wilmington, MA

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Small company feel with the influence of a large company. -L-3 is basically a collection of small companies with a huge array of industries, heavily leaning… Cons: -Every company has communications issues. L-3 is no different. Advice to Senior Management: Company structure is incredibly smart. Take more care in developing more front line… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mordac The Preventer of Information Services Reigns Corporate L-3 IT Policy

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros: My division works a 9/80 schedule, so we get every other Friday off. At first I thought I would… Cons: You aren't allowed to get on the Internet except through a super-ultra-annoying virtual super-highly secure and even more super-highly-slow-and-annoying-to-use kiosk thing. Need to google something… Advice to Senior Management: Don't just roll over and take it when some corporate high-up mucky… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on L-3 Communications.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!