L-3 Communications

www.l-3com.com
  www.l-3com.com
There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications review for southern California division.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Operations Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

The company is growing and doing very well in the current economy. While L-3 is a very large corporation, many of the divisions still have a small company feel. The corporation invests in its research and development.

Cons

Salaries for low to mid level employees are not very competitive for southern California. The tuition reimbursement policy is not as beneficial as other companies in the area.

Improve the tuition reimbursement policy and invest more in good employees.

712 Other Employee Reviews for L-3 Communications (View Most Recent)

Grateful employee

Current Employee - Production in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Production in Lexington, KY

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

I think that some of the best aspects are our flexible schedules, benefits, supporting our troops, pay, people we work with, and the job that I do. Tution reinbursement, 401K and excellent benefits are all available. I think that this is a company that recognizes hard work and tries to foster that behavior.

Cons

The red tape and go round between different departments are some of the worst aspects of working for L-3. My understanding is that most larger companies operate in such a fashion, especially those involved in the government. However, if everyone would do their job and not worry about what someone else's job is, things would move much smoother.

Cut the red tape! Tell everyone to quit complaining and do their job!

Good place to work. But day to day satisfaction depends on your government customer

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at L-3 Communications

Pros

Pay, big company, good stock value, Diverse customer base of government agencies, especially within Dept of Defense.

Cons

Bickering between subsidiary management & the L-3 management team does not help get the job done. Drive people hard and they will perform. But instituting bureaucracy doesn't help anyone do their job well.

The fact that most people in my subsidiary served on site for a customer meant that your real job satisfaction depended on not L-3 employees but rather on your government customer. It also meant that your supervisor didn't see you every day or even every week. So feedback was difficult or non-existant.

There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications