There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications

Steady salary increases, even during a recession.

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They will pay you just enough to keep you there (which is not bad, but may be less than you feel you are worth). Good benefits, flexible schedules, friendly employees for the most part.

Cons

Conservative, Military-like environment. I guess that's too be expected with a Defense Contractor. Management not very helpful in helping you to move up - especially if it's with another group. Seems like you have to "wait your turn."

Upper Management attempts to communicate the direction of the company through company wide emails. It seems they try, but the majority of the population knows little about what is really happening at the top or how the business is doing. Lately, big changes to benefits have suddenly shown up in company wide emails as "cost-cutting measures." For example, tuition reimbursement just dropped from $10K to $5K/yr.

686 Other Employee Reviews for L-3 Communications (View Most Recent)

The Golden Chains

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, full of experts. They company treats you very well. There is a great culture about doing what is best for the employee. Your able to move around very easy to find a good fit.

Cons

Very corporate, sees of dull grey carpet, walls, and cubes. Lots of processes and hoops.

A Place to Succeed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time

Pros

Our division of L-3 was a wonderful place to work. The General Manager was very hands on. Always ready to help any employee no matter what position. Every employee was that way. We were a family. If an opportunity presented itself within the organization, senior staff encouraged us to pursue the opportunity, mentored us and if we proved ourselves, continued to help us succeed.

Cons

L-3 organizes divisions into groups. Sometimes the division that is put in charge of others in the group has a bad culture or management style and the whole group suffers. Employees become unhappy and talent walks out the door.

L-3 overall is a great company and gives a lot to their employees. Once you are an employee, if you do not like your division, there are several others in the area to which you could seek a position and transfer.

There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications