L-3 Communications

www.l-3com.com

Life's good at L3

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a company that really does its best to take care of its people. Even in the difficult times we are in now, layoffs are -really- a last resort . Most often the employee will be offered the chance to move to another area of the company that can leverage his/her skills. L3 is also a vast and diverse company. As well as having tangible asset product lines (i.e. communications gear, avionics, etc.) we also are a service provider to the defense industry at large. This means that large program cuts that affect other defense industry players like Boeing , Lockheed and Nortrhup do not affect L3 as much.

ConsIf your not directly working in a production oriented group and are in a service providing capability, you may find yourself "separated" from the company. That is, you may be working as a "sub" on some other provider's contract and that means your not in daily contact with "the mother ship". This is sometimes inconvenient.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. If anything, streamline the hiring process (division and company dependent) at some locations so as to make it easier to compete for talent.

Leadership Issues

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros: I actually enjoy the work I do and working with young military… Cons: I have been told by my immediate supervisor that my evaluations and job performance will not affect my advancement / promotion opportunities or pay raises. Have… Advice to Senior Management: Take a good look at your leadership practices. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

L-3 Communications: A good company that needs to refocus on its employees.

Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros: If you desire to break into the defense/aerospace industry and lack an engineering or business background,… Cons: L-3, like the rest of the industry, has little desire or incentive to build future company… Advice to Senior Management: If L-3 intends to play with the big boys like BAE Systems or… More
There are newer reviews on L-3 Communications.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!