There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications

Very pleasant and great training.

Current Employee - Computer  in  Waco, TX
Current Employee - Computer in Waco, TX

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment and great company to work for!

Cons

I have found no problems to comment on!

671 Other Employee Reviews for L-3 Communications (View Most Recent)

L-3 MariPro. OK, but not good for carrer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Goleta, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good group of people to work with. With the exception of a few, all people are extremely friendly. Some interesting travel to places once in awhile. Steady job for now.

Cons

Management is extremely full of pompous, arrogant, EGO. They treat others very poorly.

Quality, manufacturing, inventory control, are extremely broken. Audits are a facade, a show, put on to convince the auditors we are doing our our job, instead of show casing to them how well we do it. The fix to this recently, is not going to work. Outside help is needed.

New ideas are not welcome. You will be told, "This is the way we have always done it, we will continue to do it this way". This is like their freeking motto.

There is absolutely NO chance of any advancement. People are hired in from outside. There is NO training for advancement, there is rarely an opportunity and all the managers there are not leaving for at least 10 years. Mentoring is non existent, and training to do your job is scarce.

The Managers will do all the interesting, challenging work and leave you with the stuff they do not want to do.

The facility is dirty. It is common to have rats and mice in your office. It is a very old building thatt is falling apart. The equipment to do your job is outdated and new technology is not embraced. You will loose your skills here. It is not innovated, but instead, just minor modifications of the same stuff they have done for 30 years.

Management is impersonal and does not care about your personal life.

Fix the quality, manufacturing and inventory problems. This will sink the company that is already plagued with deployed failures. The solution that has been implemented wont work. Someone from outside needs to be brought in. An actual professional.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Project Manager II  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Project Manager II in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent company with a great growth potential due to the service nature of the business

Cons

Constant change means that contract can be lost during re-compete.

There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!