L-3 Communications
www.l-3com.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Trained for Success

Display Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
Arlington, TX

I worked at L-3 Communications as an intern for less than a year

ProsManagement was great! senior level management took interest in me (a lowly intern) and made sure that I had the resources and the contacts to succeed at my job. My immediate management trained me well and worked with me not just around me.

There is a wide ranged of people working there and the environment there is one of cooperation so that the engineers work with the mechanics, HR, management, and sales to make the best project without much fuss over rank.

Project focused with enough flexibility to listen to new ideas

ConsDue to being a Defense contract employee, your time is strictly monitored and categorized.

Employees defining goals and deadlines of projects were not always the employees with the best understanding of the project and would require unrealistic or unnecessary benchmarks.

Good place to balance between work and life

Principal Design Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good pay with interest works Cons: Too much process. Sometime it takes many days to spend on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good benefit and exciting program but poor management

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros: good benefit and program. The benefit is well and… Cons: no training, no marketing, no investment from the corperate Advice to Senior Management: do marketing better No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on L-3 Communications.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for L-3 Communications CEO Michael T. Strianese. All reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications employees.