L-3 Communications

4 Years working at a division of L-3

Engineer (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDivisions managed independently, allows for flexibility in a large corporation. Helps to maintain small company feel. Good benefits and great atmosphere. Fair compensation.

ConsAs with any large corporation, policies and procedures can tend to bog things down. International business can be cumbersome, with a strong emphasis on export compliance. Heavily invested in DoD business, and feeling the squeeze of the sequester.

Access to Interesting Work

Aerospace Engineer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Working as a contractor at NASA is a really wonderful opportunity.… Cons: L-3 managers tend to be engineers without the best people skills. There is a somewhat… Advice to Senior Management: Try to get some more people-oriented folks in first-line management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I am not unhappy

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good salary, good raises if you work hard Cons: Huge expectations for performers and minimal for under-performers. Advice to Senior Management: Dont be so afraid to lay off dead weight. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on L-3 Communications.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for L-3 Communications CEO Michael T. Strianese. All reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications employees.