L-3 Communications
www.l-3com.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Electrical test engineer working with RF, analog, digital and automation.

Electronics Engineer (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsLarge company with stability. Politically correct. Lots of opportunities for growth. I have enjoyed working with almost everyone there. They have always tried to treat me fairly.

ConsThey eliminated their pension plan for new hires and replaced it with 401K participation. The last couple of years, they have hired a lot of people in anticipation of contracts. They lost several key contracts and had a 5% reduction of force. I was laid off just short of retirement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off those who fail to contribute before you lay off contributing members. You have a lot of solid performers who are really nervous.

Good place to work, despite some shortcomings.

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
    Shrewsbury, NJ

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Better than average salaries, good benefits, good work environment. There are good career advancement opportunities depending on… Cons: A a government contractor, company is somewhat stingy in spending their own money for the comfort of the employees. There is always a chance… Advice to Senior Management: Better communication with employees and transparency about the future plans… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My experience was very positive, my supervisor was excellent, pay was excellent.

Technical Writer (Former Employee)
    Reston, VA

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Until 2011 business turned (Lost big Federal contracts, proposal writing workload was impacted) this was one of the best large corporations I had worked for. Employees… Cons: In 2010, corporate (in New York) decided to pursue more bids for Federal contracts. This workload stretched us and most writers and managers worked an… Advice to Senior Management: For Corporate: Becoming over ambitious is a great risk and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on L-3 Communications.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for L-3 Communications CEO Michael T. Strianese. All reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications employees.