Engineering Management

I have been working at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smart, dedicated, hard working people, good pay and benefits

Cons

As a holding company there are times when different divisions are not all going the same direction. The entrepreneurial spirit that existed in the early years of the company are gone.

"Small" company or product line acquisitions can add valuable growth paths for divisions. Often these are overlooked because of the due diligence cost. Perhaps it would be good to re-evaluate the due diligence process to make it fit the acquisition cost.

Other Reviews for L-3 Communications

L-3 Communications

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

L-3 Communications was a great place to work. They had good benefits and looked out for their employees needs.

Cons

Training was not high on their list.

Good company to work for if you a non minority,,,just so so if you are a minority

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Strongly supports education and training. During my time there I was able to complete a Bachlors and (2) Master degrees paid for mostly by the company.

Cons

Lack of diversity in management and leadership roles. During my 10 years there I've only seen (2) manager at the Program Manager level and up who were minorities out of hundreds of employees. The goog old boys network is alive and we'll at this company, especially in the Chantilly, VA office.

Senior Management should practice what they preach and offer more opportunities for everyone not just the good old boys. There are some outstanding well educated minorities in the company who could just a good a job than the non minorities who often time are promoted through the ranks in no time at all

There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!