L-3 Communications

www.l-3com.com

Family-Oriented Defense Contractor

Network Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFamily-based; family friendly; very professional company that takes care of it's employees. After separating from the Navy I was given a chance with very little experience. I will forever be grateful. I was trained by an elite team and sent out on my own after a few weeks. I was entrusted with six remote sites and keeping the network up to speed.

ConsThe new management fired the interim manager and wasn't qualified. He ultimately was terminated and it left our team clueless to dealing with upper management. We got caught in-between politics and budget and it ended up costing the IT department in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome advice would be not to terminate interim management. The managers are the ones that are the link between executives and employees. They are also the first line of defense. Train and train well; utilize all avenues to keep employees competitive. Also keep the employees happy with competitive salary, diversified benefits and training. This will keep business booming.

Calibration specialist. Monitor, track, send and receive equipment.

Offload/Calibration Specialist (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Loved the work, people, customers. Cons: laid off. Company needs to avoid re-work. Advice to Senior Management: none More

CS-West is broken!

An Actual Contributor (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at L-3 Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - 4/10 work schedule and Fridays off are the only… Cons: - Inept senior leadership ranks filled with spineless engineers and yes men/women. - Ineffective managers with University of Phoenix or online-degree credentials - Inbred environment with husbands,… Advice to Senior Management: Lay yourself off next time. You don't deserve to be in the job you're in, making the salary… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on L-3 Communications.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!