Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

Our divsion of L-3 treats their employees very well compared to the employees for other companies that we work with. They have competitive benefits packages and pay that is above average for the type of work being performed. They have a few types of employee bonus programs and team recognition events. Sr Management is loyal to employees.

Cons

Most of the work performed within our division is interesting but not cutting edge. There is not much technology change and somewhat limited opportunity for advancement. The work is very stable which is good if that is what you are looking for but does not really attract entrepreneurial employees.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities that will attract a more entrepreneurial workforce. Management would be able to implement new technologies and processes if the workforce was more change ready.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great People..

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at L-3 Communications

Pros

Great People. I worked with some of the sharpest engineers in the industry

Cons

Poor Management communications and project organization.

Advice to Management

You can have some of the brightest engineers on staff if you do not manage them well you will get the same results as dumb engineers managed well.

Poor Resource management.

Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Greenville, TX
    Former Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Greenville, TX

I worked at L-3 Communications

Pros

Great benefits and great mission.

Cons

A lot of politics. Superiors are unknowledgable and incompetent. Some sexism among workers from past generations. Everybody is so afraid of being fired (a big push to get rid of people), they spend all of their time protecting themselves from sabatoge, rumors, staying on the good side of certain people, they don't have much time or energy left to devote to the company. Interdepartmental communication and collaboration is nonexistant-- everybody's just keeping their head down.

Advice to Management

Human Resources has far too much power. Hiring, promotions, firing are very strongly influenced by politics and not abilities or performance.