Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

Our divsion of L-3 treats their employees very well compared to the employees for other companies that we work with. They have competitive benefits packages and pay that is above average for the type of work being performed. They have a few types of employee bonus programs and team recognition events. Sr Management is loyal to employees.

Cons

Most of the work performed within our division is interesting but not cutting edge. There is not much technology change and somewhat limited opportunity for advancement. The work is very stable which is good if that is what you are looking for but does not really attract entrepreneurial employees.

Advice to Management

Create opportunities that will attract a more entrepreneurial workforce. Management would be able to implement new technologies and processes if the workforce was more change ready.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great People..

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Orlando, FL

I worked at L-3 Communications

Pros

Great People. I worked with some of the sharpest engineers in the industry

Cons

Poor Management communications and project organization.

Advice to Management

You can have some of the brightest engineers on staff if you do not manage them well you will get the same results as dumb engineers managed well.

2. Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

Good facilty located close to a major city. Includes a fitness center, cafeteria and medical facility. The location is accessible from either NJ or PA side of the river using by train.

Cons

Although the facility is in a decent part of town the surrounding area is a poor inner city (Camden). Comign an going late at night can be of concern.

Advice to Management

The upper management needs to transition. The heritage goes back over 100 years so they tend to be reistatant to change.