L-3 Communications

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
Current Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

Our divsion of L-3 treats their employees very well compared to the employees for other companies that we work with. They have competitive benefits packages and pay that is above average for the type of work being performed. They have a few types of employee bonus programs and team recognition events. Sr Management is loyal to employees.

Cons

Most of the work performed within our division is interesting but not cutting edge. There is not much technology change and somewhat limited opportunity for advancement. The work is very stable which is good if that is what you are looking for but does not really attract entrepreneurial employees.

Create opportunities that will attract a more entrepreneurial workforce. Management would be able to implement new technologies and processes if the workforce was more change ready.

726 Other Employee Reviews for L-3 Communications (View Most Recent)

L-3 is a great strating point for a new college graduate.

Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Camden, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Camden, NJ

I worked at L-3 Communications

Pros

L-3 is a great strating point for a new college graduate.
    They have a laid back atmosphere that encourages learning and innovation. Classes or training supporting your professional development are almost always approved. The company supports its employees on all levels making it an enjoyable place to work.(This may not hold true for all divisions). In the end, if it's the challenge you're looking for, there are not many company's in the midwest where you can work with cutting edge technology like you do at L-3.

Cons

Hours can be long and overall longtern job saticfaction seemed low.
    This is a company loved by engineers, but if you're looking for vertical advancement, there is little room to move until someone retires.

I like the direction that we are heading. The inter-division cooperation and development has been a huge benefit for everyone.

Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

I have been working at L-3 Communications

Pros

Good facilty located close to a major city. Includes a fitness center, cafeteria and medical facility. The location is accessible from either NJ or PA side of the river using by train.

Cons

Although the facility is in a decent part of town the surrounding area is a poor inner city (Camden). Comign an going late at night can be of concern.

The upper management needs to transition. The heritage goes back over 100 years so they tend to be reistatant to change.

There are newer employer reviews for L-3 Communications