There are newer employer reviews for L Brands

Informative but not worth the stress

Current Employee - Freelancedesigner in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Freelancedesigner in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands

Pros

I get paid more than I have at other jobs but its significantly lower than other people. Theyare understandingabout needing time off.

Cons

I'mtreated like a second class citizen because I'mfreelance. I have way too many responsibilities for being freelance, getting paid less, having nodiscount, having no benefits and for staying late. The management can be very rude, manipulative and deceptive and they lied about "leaving your title at the door."

Show some appreciation!

203 Other Employee Reviews for L Brands (View Most Recent)

My experience could have been better without the frustration of hovering mgmt, just let me do my job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands

Pros

Oustanding benefits and outside of management the people are fantastic!

Cons

The well known saying "you have to be a member of the 'boys club' to succeed. Promotions/advancement are solely based on who you know. HR tends to overlook employee concerns, they will listen but action is never taken.

See Cons

A company with an excellent top guy (Les), but the managers that report to him are clueless. I'm happy to be gone.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands

Pros

Working in the HQ was great. A bright cheery atmosphere. The cafeteria food was the bomb.

Cons

Where to start:
    --Managers of departments get promoted to job clearly because of who they know, not what they know.
    --Problems in departments are often covered up and hidden from Les - if he really knew or was allowed to know the inner workings of some of his departments, he'd go nuts.
    --Having people in charge of millions of dollars and the don't have a college degree or even any relevant experience to do their job
    --Firing those who speak up about procedures that have proven time and time just not to work.
    --Allowing politics and well, politics to run rampant.

Pull your head out of the sand and find out what is really going on in your company. How many good people do you have to lose before you get it? How many class action matters do you have to duck before you get it? Promote and hire people with experience, not just because of who they knew/know.

There are newer employer reviews for L Brands