There are newer employer reviews for L Brands

Each department is different but I have loved them all

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at L Brands full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to work with the best people. If you are motivated to succeed, it is great to be surrounded by other like minded people.

Cons

Departments that drive revenue are treated much better than those that are cost centers. But, I expect you would find this in many places.

Culture has made a great shift in the last couple years - but sales have been good over that time too. I hope we can keep the great culture if sales slow down (but i hope we don't have to find out).

203 Other Employee Reviews for L Brands (View Most Recent)

A great experience with a lot of personal and professional growth.

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at L Brands full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My time with the company was during a lot of growth and development. Many people were promoted and a lot of focus was put on developing teams to the next level.

Cons

I felt that during the recession things were difficult every where however it seemed as though the value of the employees really became non existent and it became a matter of watch your back.

Go back to truly caring about your people,

Good Place to Work, if They Like You

Former Employee - Technical Design in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Design in New York, NY

I worked at L Brands full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some great coworkers. The workload is not heavy, but not terrible. They offer flexible hours. Not a total cookie-cutter work environment; they'll let you be flexible with cross-functional partners to make workflow smoother. Benefits are pretty good, the 401k match is better than a lot of companies, but not amazing.

Cons

There can be a lot of politics. Some of the high-level management can play favorites more severely than I've ever seen (if they love you, you can do no wrong; if they don't like you, they'll make your worklife miserable until you quit). I left for a better offer elsewhere, but I lost a lot of great coworkers due to upper-level mind games.

Pay attention to which of your departments heads play favorites too heavily and rein them in. If people under a specific head keep leaving, look into why that's happening and fix it.

There are newer employer reviews for L Brands