There are newer employer reviews for L Brands

Atmosphere fluctuates a lot with the market, but the company communicates with its employees well.

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at L Brands

Pros

Strong brands and very talented people focused on knowing the consumer leads to a positive work environment. Process driven, but not too much. They pay well, especially in the NY office.

Cons

Everything is very Columbus-focused, so working in the NY office can be tough. Lots of trips back and forth to Ohio and there are not as many opportunities for growth without moving there.

Advice to Management

Focus on internal movements more. There seems to be very little credit given to a person's "potential" versus their experience. I am not speaking as a disgruntled employee (I was well taken care of), but I saw this happening all around me.

reviews filtered by
  1. Limited Brands

Current Employee - Functional Manager in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Functional Manager in Loveland, CO

I have been working at L Brands

Pros

Great Benefits
    Nice Gratis and product bonuses
    Vast majority of associates are happy, motivated young women

Cons

Management staff integrety, consistency, and professionalism is very sub-par
    "Customer-centric" culture is not upheld by policies, nor does home office uphold policies that it thrives to implement through store staff - i.e. return policies

Advice to Management

I believe that the majority of this company must function at a very high level, however, there are problem areas existing in decision-making and consistency that are a direct result of emotional rather than logical and policy-based problem-solving. It seems as though there is too much room allowed (especially on a store level) for emotional reactions to take presidence over professional and logical business maintenance. In addition, the amount of power or clout given to store level and district level management has resulted in management's failure to recognize associates for accomplishment andhas also resulted in failure to give associates the respect that they deserve in their workplace.

2. Limited Brands Corp Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands

Pros

The money is competitive for the Columbus Market and the perks are great.

Cons

Advancing at Limited Brands is all about who is in your corner.

Advice to Management

Leadership would be well advised to stop beating up on everyone if they want anyone to stay much longer.