L Brands

Limited Brands

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at L Brands

Pros

They hire top notch talent and people. Strong functional competency. Exciting company to work for, as their name is always out there. When you say Limited Brands, everyone knows who they are.

Cons

Too political, where you can only move up if someone in leadership likes you, not necessarily on the quality of your work. Spent a lot of time with team building, but trained behaviors fall apart when the going gets tough.

Don't take yourselves too seriously. Evaluate people on the quality of their work, not just whether you like them or not.

230 Other Employee Reviews for L Brands (View Most Recent)

Atmosphere fluctuates a lot with the market, but the company communicates with its employees well.

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at L Brands

Pros

Strong brands and very talented people focused on knowing the consumer leads to a positive work environment. Process driven, but not too much. They pay well, especially in the NY office.

Cons

Everything is very Columbus-focused, so working in the NY office can be tough. Lots of trips back and forth to Ohio and there are not as many opportunities for growth without moving there.

Focus on internal movements more. There seems to be very little credit given to a person's "potential" versus their experience. I am not speaking as a disgruntled employee (I was well taken care of), but I saw this happening all around me.

Limited Brands

Current Employee - Functional Manager in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Functional Manager in Loveland, CO

I have been working at L Brands

Pros

Great Benefits
    Nice Gratis and product bonuses
    Vast majority of associates are happy, motivated young women

Cons

Management staff integrety, consistency, and professionalism is very sub-par
    "Customer-centric" culture is not upheld by policies, nor does home office uphold policies that it thrives to implement through store staff - i.e. return policies

I believe that the majority of this company must function at a very high level, however, there are problem areas existing in decision-making and consistency that are a direct result of emotional rather than logical and policy-based problem-solving. It seems as though there is too much room allowed (especially on a store level) for emotional reactions to take presidence over professional and logical business maintenance. In addition, the amount of power or clout given to store level and district level management has resulted in management's failure to recognize associates for accomplishment andhas also resulted in failure to give associates the respect that they deserve in their workplace.

There are newer employer reviews for L Brands