Dont.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I worked at L'Occitane

Pros

Amazing product
"Green" company
Organic
Relaxing environment
Loyal customer base
Strong Human Resourses department
Strong learning and development team
Large presence in the social media world

Cons

You have to wear ridiculous aprons that no one looks right in
They have a delusion of what "luxury" is
It feelsl impossible to meet their demands and standards
No incentives for the sales people other then a bonus that is impossible to reach
The gratis is one product every couple months that is chosen for you by marketing
They treat their customers like gold and their employees like coal

Stop comparing yourself to the luxury industry. Understand that L'Occitane is a revolving door of talented people that have reached their boiling point and the turnover is why the company will always be in a struggle. You expect too much from these associates and don't treat them with the expect they deserve. Stop being so generous to your customers with free gifts and give to the people selling the product. Most of them don't use it because the it's too expensive for them to try it. Open the gratis for them to pick what they want so they can become true ambassadors. And get rid of the aprons. They look like the help.

Other Reviews for L'Occitane

It was refreshing & fun place to work with great perks!

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at L'Occitane

Pros

Sample all the products. Friendly people work there. They train you how to gift wrap during the seasonal times. They have pretty good hours and perks and usually the customers that come in are friendly to deal with as well.

Cons

I do not remember any downsides of working here. I applied here only as a seasonal employee so I could make some extra money for the kids at Christmas time. I applied there as a mother of two, working 2 other jobs and they were great to me. Maybe the pay could be more?

If they have not done this already they should bring on some type of employee recognition or rewards program for the employees. A happy and motivated employee will do great things for the company and treat it like it's their own if they are being recognized.

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at L'Occitane

Pros

Products are amazing and easy to sell, great training, bonus. You skin will improve dramatically just by working here.

Cons

Promotions are based upon friendship, and achievements are rarely or unfairly recognized.

Recognize your best workers with something more substantial than a star. That's just a cheap attempt to appease your angry workers.

There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane.

Worked for L'Occitane? Contribute to the Community!