Great products, some great people, bad upper management

Former Employee - Full
Former Employee - Full

I worked at L'Occitane full-time for more than a year

Pros

Products are lovely, and the employee discount is on par with what I have received in other companies. I loved their product philosophy, and the charity work the company engaged in. They also hire talented people, but lose them quickly due to bad upper management.

Cons

I left for a couple of reasons. While the company had a clear product philosophy, their sales philosophy was fluid and ever changing, depending on who you talked to. The one constant was that you were never doing it all right.

They also handle personnel issues poorly. When someone was hired who wasn't working out, HR told you tough cookies. Our manager reported to his chain of command within a new employee's probationary period that there was a problem and received no support. By the time they finally did fire that person 18 months later, the staff of the store had turned over twice, including two store managers in 6 months.

Listen to what people at store level are telling you.

Other Reviews for L'Occitane

Great atmosphere and product

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful product, training, customers and environment. One of the best retail environments I have worked for. Associates work well together, not like b

Cons

Pressure to sell specific products, computer system goes down a lot. Sometimes store merchandising directives are more complicated than they need to be.

Treat us with the same respect you ask for yourselves. Positive reinforcement would be greatly appreciated. I can take criticism much better if you also find the positive from time to time.

Could be better

I have been working at L'Occitane

Pros

you can work with great people sometimes, good products, good history and theres always something new coming out

Cons

no clear direction from overhead sometimes, merchandising changes all the time, customers can run your reputation into the ground, computers break a lot. payroll always seems to be an issue and even when you're doing well you don't always get extra. if you have problems you may get moved to another store.

Listen to your associates! if they do really well normally and suddenly that changes, chances are it is not them and it is the business. if you agree to something, follow through or it makes the staff look bad if they can't do the same. too much time is being spent on gaining new clients with all of these promotions that are hard to keep track of. streamline things to make it easier.

There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane.

Worked for L'Occitane? Contribute to the Community!