L'Occitane

www.loccitane.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane

Great products, some great people, bad upper management

Former Employee - Full
Former Employee - Full

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Products are lovely, and the employee discount is on par with what I have received in other companies. I loved their product philosophy, and the charity work the company engaged in. They also hire talented people, but lose them quickly due to bad upper management.

Cons

I left for a couple of reasons. While the company had a clear product philosophy, their sales philosophy was fluid and ever changing, depending on who you talked to. The one constant was that you were never doing it all right.

They also handle personnel issues poorly. When someone was hired who wasn't working out, HR told you tough cookies. Our manager reported to his chain of command within a new employee's probationary period that there was a problem and received no support. By the time they finally did fire that person 18 months later, the staff of the store had turned over twice, including two store managers in 6 months.

Listen to what people at store level are telling you.

164 Other Employee Reviews for L'Occitane (View Most Recent)

Great atmosphere and product

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful product, training, customers and environment. One of the best retail environments I have worked for. Associates work well together, not like b

Cons

Pressure to sell specific products, computer system goes down a lot. Sometimes store merchandising directives are more complicated than they need to be.

Treat us with the same respect you ask for yourselves. Positive reinforcement would be greatly appreciated. I can take criticism much better if you also find the positive from time to time.

Great products, shoddy middle-management

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing products, wonderful tradition, delightful customers. The discount is reasonable, though nothing to write home about. Words are lacking, but so is inspiration.

Cons

Rapid departure from tradition, shoddy middle management, complete and utter corporate disdain for retail level. The company does not seem to have an interest in long-term employment or advancement. Price increases are frequent and significant - all the more interesting given that it negates the (marginal) increase in employee discount.

Get back in touch with the troops!

There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane