There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane

Awesome!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at L'Occitane part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Generous discount on products, training provided, compensation for achieving and exceeding the boutique's goals for the week and month, gratis product from new lines released.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons while I worked for L'Occitane. I absolutely loved working there. The team was great!

Keep up the great work you're doing with the boutiques!

149 Other Employee Reviews for L'Occitane (View Most Recent)

L'Occitane has amazing products, room to grow as an employer.

I have been working at L'Occitane full-time

Pros

Absolutely amazing products from L'Occitane. It is a company that has a great back story and truly is a company that on a global level, has a heart. The people that work at L'Occitane, especially the employees in the stores are absolutely amazing. Many of the part time and full time employees are top of class in retail.
    The design and feel of the stores is amazIng, and they are a pleasure to shop in.

Cons

Lots of politics at the corporate level. There is a real sense of disconnect between many corporate employees and the business that happens in stores. I would like to rate overall employment at a higher score than 2 stars, but the reality is that many managers who work at the corporate level, especially senior management, manage their employees based on feelings or on a single interaction with employees (if you have one bad day and it happens while a senior corporate employee is around, you'll be looking for a job in short order). Feedback is rarely given in a direct fashion, it is often given second hand. A boss or supervisor will say, "so and so told me this was their experience with you." Unfortunately employees are not allowed to receive that feedback directly, it's always given through a filter - which excludes many facts or truths.
    Lacks lots of room for advancement. Advancement opportunities are improving as the company grows, but growth with the company is slow.

Too many politics. The company seems to be managed from a level of "senior management is always right even when they're wrong." If you disagree with a decision or action, your days of employment are numbered and you're seen as negative rather than offering constructive feedback. Don't be a way one street - truly seek to value employees, even those with tenure who may question new direction.

Awesome Culture and Products

Former Employee - Trainer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Trainer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing products, beautiful stores, great people who work sales.

Cons

Management is constantly changing. The overall structure needs to be consistent.

There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane