L'Occitane

www.loccitane.com

Unprofessional and Unpleasant

Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe hourly pay was decent.

ConsThis company is incredibly unprofessional when it comes to the workplace. I worked in a small boutique and I would have to open/close by myself. There were days where I was alone for hours. I felt unsafe because we only had fake cameras and no security.
There is also unfair responsibility for employees depending on which store they work in. For example, at the small boutique where I was located as a part-time employee I was expected to open/close, clean, change windows, shipment, operational, and then sell. In a large or flagship store, a part-timer does not have all of those responsibilities. L'Occitane really needs to redesign how they organize their stores.
The biggest disappointment was that after all I had given into the business as a part-timer in a small boutique, they decided to move me to a flagship store and cut my hours from 18-20 hours a week to 6 hours a week. I was incredibly upset because it was insulting and rude. Plus, no upper management even gave me a reason why they were moving me and cutting my hours. I also noticed that many other part timers were moved around and some got more hours then me. I found this to be extremely unfair treatment.
Another problem with this company is that they do not educate their employees whatsoever on their rights. There are no safety, HR, or any sort of trainings except for product knowledge. They want their employees to feel powerless and instead play a political game to be kept on the DM's favorite list.
Lastly, L'Occitane needs to learn that the people they hire is not be taken lightly. They hired people by posting an ad on craig's list for a job fair (you could only imagine the type of crowd that brought). I've worked with many unprofessional employees and under qualified managers. It's a shame because L'Occitane is now a place of gossip and cut throat competition between stores and it creates a horrible atmosphere and place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to hire good people, keep them happy and retain them. Stop hiring incompetent managers.

Great founder and products, horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at L'Occitane

Pros: The salary, free products. Most of the staff is friendly and… Cons: As a manager or associate you can be placed in any location with a days notice, you have no say. You will not get praise… Advice to Senior Management: When your staff feels like you are on their side and… More

Backstabbing, gossip and lies.

Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) Westlake, OH

I worked at L'Occitane part-time for more than a year

Pros: Products are wonderful, gratis are great. Store is very organized… Cons: Management is treating they employees very fairly, hiring others with criminal records, gossip are terrable, no communacation between co-workers. Wasteful spending, and cutting emloyyes hours,… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of your employees, help them, and a little backroung check will be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on L'Occitane.

Worked for L'Occitane? Contribute to the Community!