L'Occitane

www.loccitane.com
  www.loccitane.com
There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane

Backstabbing, gossip and lies.

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Westlake, OH
Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Westlake, OH

I worked at L'Occitane part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Products are wonderful, gratis are great. Store is very organized and clean.

Cons

Management is treating they employees very fairly, hiring others with criminal records, gossip are terrable, no communacation between co-workers. Wasteful spending, and cutting emloyyes hours, management never have schedule done on time, and only certain ' friends' get weekends off. This company almost destroyed my life, my reputation and no concern about it what so ever. To many friends of a friends of a friends.

Take care of your employees, help them, and a little backroung check will be a help, I was under a charge of a woman on probation of shop lifting.

154 Other Employee Reviews for L'Occitane (View Most Recent)

Unprofessional and Unpleasant

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at L'Occitane part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hourly pay was decent.

Cons

This company is incredibly unprofessional when it comes to the workplace. I worked in a small boutique and I would have to open/close by myself. There were days where I was alone for hours. I felt unsafe because we only had fake cameras and no security.
    There is also unfair responsibility for employees depending on which store they work in. For example, at the small boutique where I was located as a part-time employee I was expected to open/close, clean, change windows, shipment, operational, and then sell. In a large or flagship store, a part-timer does not have all of those responsibilities. L'Occitane really needs to redesign how they organize their stores.
    The biggest disappointment was that after all I had given into the business as a part-timer in a small boutique, they decided to move me to a flagship store and cut my hours from 18-20 hours a week to 6 hours a week. I was incredibly upset because it was insulting and rude. Plus, no upper management even gave me a reason why they were moving me and cutting my hours. I also noticed that many other part timers were moved around and some got more hours then me. I found this to be extremely unfair treatment.
    Another problem with this company is that they do not educate their employees whatsoever on their rights. There are no safety, HR, or any sort of trainings except for product knowledge. They want their employees to feel powerless and instead play a political game to be kept on the DM's favorite list.
    Lastly, L'Occitane needs to learn that the people they hire is not be taken lightly. They hired people by posting an ad on craig's list for a job fair (you could only imagine the type of crowd that brought). I've worked with many unprofessional employees and under qualified managers. It's a shame because L'Occitane is now a place of gossip and cut throat competition between stores and it creates a horrible atmosphere and place to work.

Learn how to hire good people, keep them happy and retain them. Stop hiring incompetent managers.

Great founder and products, horrible management

I worked at L'Occitane

Pros

The salary, free products. Most of the staff is friendly and aim to please management. In lieu days for 6 day work weeks..

Cons

As a manager or associate you can be placed in any location with a days notice, you have no say. You will not get praise for doing a good job, only picked on for any faults. You cannot email upper management a question without getting a rude degrating response unless they don't respond at all, which often happens. All management know to ask one another and to never go to upper management unless you want to look like an idiot and be on the chopping block. The company doesn't have near enough employees so everyone is scrambling trying to borrow staff from one another's store. This makes employees confused and feel unappreciated.
    Communication in this company is a total mess. There are no conference calls and you get memos, emails, and other information coming at you in a thousand different ways. There are a hundred different codes and coupons and half the time the codes don't even work.
    There are also a ridiculous amount of focuses.. Things we are ment to track daily- sales, tickets, Atv, conversion, new clients, client sales, amount sold of campaign, amount sold of divine, skincare percentage, amount of rituals given, amount of a certain focus product sold, what samples we gave out, how a many ppl we have booked for a party, etc..

When your staff feels like you are on their side and want them to succeed, they will work harder and be happier.

There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane