There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane

The good, the bad, and the ugly

I worked at L'Occitane

Pros

I have been given great opportunity and have been compensated decently for it. I work day to day with terrific people and have peers thought the company that I respect and value.

Cons

Everything that has been written is true to some extent. Some stores are not equipped with bathrooms or running water Outdoor locations are expected to have the door open. Size of the store is inadequate in some locations. The paperwork load at the store level is unconscionable. Payroll hours are not adequate to ensure great customer service, safety for employees, and loss prevention. Deadlines are often unrealistic. Corporate expects ZERO errors to occur at the store level, however, errors and missed deadlines abound at the corporate level. Part time employees are expect to be as vested as store managers, which is unrealistic. New hires are trained by other employees. Learning and Development does not exist as the rest of the cosmetic world has created. As another person posted he/she has been promoted within 6 months...that is a dead giveaway to your identity...while many people are advanced and promoted, it is the hard work of the individual managers that drive those promotions. 6 months is HIGHLY unusual for promotion since the company standard is minimum one year in a position. I do not see hate in these reviews, I see frustration as many of these people have been with the company for several years and love L'Occitane as I do.

Advice to Management

Corporate realizes they have extremely talented people in the field. We need to streamline operations, choose a main focus ( skincare, fragrance, etc) and create an environment where every employee has a chance to make a career within our company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Ok job, no strategy, French management that do not understand USA market

Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free products and summer hours

Cons

French management do not understand American market. HR not really involved. There is no marketing strategy at all.

Advice to Management

Should hire american management that understand this market.

More bad memories than good...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at L'Occitane full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real quality products You do learn a lot about running a business as an SM Some amazing people at all different levels (key word some)

Cons

A lot of questionable leaders from DM level and up They break you and make you feel like you cant do anything else Nothing is ever good enough Hypcrisy in values and culture Gossipy and sexist Intimidating not inspiring upper management Low level of ethics and regard for store teams and working environment

Advice to Management

Stop trying to demean and intimidate store teams and start inspiring and empowering them. More work needs to be done with organizational management. This is not a great place to work and the problem starts with DMs and some obnoxious corporate associates, clean it up. Youre expanding faster than the US can handle and cannabilizing existing stores and losing control of experience, teams and culture/values. Reducing the L&D team was a mistake.