There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane

Great corporate members but boring job

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate
Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The higher-ups treat you well. Generous with the employee discount and gratis. Nice job to have on the side or for you to get through school.

Cons

Company claims to be sustainable but actually quite wasteful. The cost of the product is ridiculous considering the cost to actually make the product. The job can be slow and boring as hell or fast paced depending on the location of the store. The company pays its sales associates competitively. However, there isn't much in terms of growth, learning, or challenges. Need to meet a sales goal every single day. Meeting it is honestly sometimes based on luck.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lots of locations, my favorite retail experience so far

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Monthly gratis Nice managers and co-workers Great products with a good philosophy

Cons

Communication with upper management to stores Frequent store movements/changes in location for employees and no communication about moves until a few days/weeks before move

The good, the bad, and the ugly

I worked at L'Occitane

Pros

I have been given great opportunity and have been compensated decently for it. I work day to day with terrific people and have peers thought the company that I respect and value.

Cons

Everything that has been written is true to some extent. Some stores are not equipped with bathrooms or running water Outdoor locations are expected to have the door open. Size of the store is inadequate in some locations. The paperwork load at the store level is unconscionable. Payroll hours are not adequate to ensure great customer service, safety for employees, and loss prevention. Deadlines are often unrealistic. Corporate expects ZERO errors to occur at the store level, however, errors and missed deadlines abound at the corporate level. Part time employees are expect to be as vested as store managers, which is unrealistic. New hires are trained by other employees. Learning and Development does not exist as the rest of the cosmetic world has created. As another person posted he/she has been promoted within 6 months...that is a dead giveaway to your identity...while many people are advanced and promoted, it is the hard work of the individual managers that drive those promotions. 6 months is HIGHLY unusual for promotion since the company standard is minimum one year in a position. I do not see hate in these reviews, I see frustration as many of these people have been with the company for several years and love L'Occitane as I do.

Advice to Management

Corporate realizes they have extremely talented people in the field. We need to streamline operations, choose a main focus ( skincare, fragrance, etc) and create an environment where every employee has a chance to make a career within our company.