L'Occitane

www.loccitane.com
There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane

Great company, poor management

I have been working at L'Occitane full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Monthly gratis is great you always get to try the newest things before they come out. Hours are great they worked around my schedule.

Cons

Poor management. When people need let go upper management is lazy and doesn't document things the way the should. They don't allow anytime for quarterly staff meetings.

Give more authority to your store managers.

161 Other Employee Reviews for L'Occitane (View Most Recent)

A Pig Wearing a Lipstick is still a Pig

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at L'Occitane (more than an year)

Pros

The products are about the only thing admirable about this company. They are effective and worth the price. They sell themselves.

Cons

L'Occitane is entirely controlled by its Marketing Department which deigns to open new stores rather than advertise via proven mass marketing techniques leaving store staff member to held accountable for anything from unsuccessful campaigns to extreme weather events.
    Upper management is petty, disconnected, elitist and highly retaliatory. As managers we are instructed to torture rather than fire associates and lower their annual reviews scores so annual increases impossible all to save a buck. It has been said that under current leadership we have never been more successful. Yet are annual Sales conference is cancelled due to budget concerns. Successful? right...
    In addition to hour tampering and action plans the average employee has to know and is held responsible for Everything... everything. Oh And we get transferred every 6 months without fail just she it's time to cash in on all the hounding I mean clientelling. Oh by the way that's not even a word.

Advice is silly give at this point. But here are some ideas for our morning coffees.. Drum roll please is dumb. Champaign and cookies are illegal. And energy is not free, especially toxic energy you spew at the stores. Work life balance doesn't exist.

not fun aymore

I have been working at L'Occitane part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

love the employess, and the gratis

Cons

hate upper management, hate the way we get treated

There are newer employer reviews for L'Occitane