L'Oréal

www.loreal.com
  www.loreal.com
There are newer employer reviews for L'Oréal

Great experience, alot learned, high demand

Former Employee - Market Analysis Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Former Employee - Market Analysis Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at L'Oréal as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

learned alot as intern there. gives you many responsibilities, but must be smart and efficient...

Cons

too much OT.... high demand from upper management

less meetings, less workload

392 Other Employee Reviews for L'Oréal (View Most Recent)

Not ' worth it'

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time

Pros

Amazing products which appeal to a wide market

Cons

Poor work life balance. Aggressive culture.
    Acts of discrimination go unchallenged.
    Values and company ethos confused and unclear.

Worst experience of my career.

Current Employee - Marketing in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at L'Oréal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big company that looks good on your resume. Only because it is a well known fact that if you can last a year at L'Oreal you can do anything.

Cons

Worst work life balance. 9 - 5 job? I've never done those hours the whole time I've been there. You will be there until 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 or even midnight. And even then you will go home and work more. Those hours are expected. Even if you leave at 6, it will be noticed and asked why you are leaving early. Meetings are regularly scheduled after 'work' hours. Say goodbye to having dinner with friends and family. Say goodbye to your life.

Worst culture. A boys club. Yes in a beauty company. It's as if as a female you have no opinion, your ideas are wrong, you are looked down on.

Worst planning. Everything was due yesterday. No concept of prioritising. Everything is now, now, now. There's no planning out beyond the current season. It's reactive, not proactive.

Worst development. Zero focus on development plans or training. You will be promised it but it will never happen. You won't get any feedback on your performance until the end of year review. And trust me, shocks will hit you in the face at your review. I've seen barely any promotions unless you are well liked, not if the person is ready.

Worst turnover. Rumoured to be 75%. I think it's higher. It's a never ending revolving door. No stability. No getting to know your team. Constant upheaval.

Worst hiring of local talent. A lot of talent is brought in from international locations. I wouldn't call them talent really. I regularly see international people here to work in Australia hired over locals and L'Oreal getting these people visas.

Worst management. No clear direction. No vision. No sharing of objectives and results. No team activities. Any managers that allow all these things to happen are not worth working for.

Worst place to work. Don't do it. You think you will be working for a big company with great brands. You will regret it. Trust me. You will want to walk out constantly. Trust me.

Test others how you want to be treated. Treat your employees like humans. Offer encouragement and advice. Celebrate wins. Be human.

There are newer employer reviews for L'Oréal