There are newer employer reviews for L&T

Big brand name. Good company to work with.

Current Intern - Intern in Powai, Maharashtra (India)
Current Intern - Intern in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

I have been working at L&T as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great career guaranteed.
Through you directly into the projects thus giving a great on-field experience.
All the major projects are with it.

Cons

no balance between work and life. very hectic schedule. the salary is low as compared to work they obtain from you.

Advice to Management

Take more care of your employee

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. has been a learning curve in the linear way

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at L&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning process was good , some good projects to be part of and a good brand name in the market.

Cons

It could be common in most workplaces like the appraisal process doesnt always seem transparent , many times credit does not go to the deserved candidates.

JUST IT MAKE ME LAUGH ABOUT THE CULTURE IN L&T CONSTRUCTION

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at L&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1)No doubt it is a BIG COMPANY to work with .
    2)Brand value is awesome.
    3)Good Company to Start with and you will get lot of training & development
    4)exposure, mentoring, adds to knowledge and skill

Cons

What will you do with by taking all the above pros
    1) No social Life.. Leave it you wont find time for your family and kids.
    2)You will leave home early in the morning and reach late at night and again same routine even on sundays.
    3) 14 hrs X 30 days duty (12 hrs mandatory at site and 2 hrs for commuting from home).
    4) Disturbed family life is for sure .. It will sure lead to divorce in many cases or exta marital affairs.
    5) Now tell me what will you do by taking PEA NUT salary work for these many hours .
    6)Company will not extend any help for you in your personal matters.

Advice to Management

To Mr. A M NAIK & S N SUBRAMANIAM
    1)You appoint lot many talented engineers from market, colleges have you ever tried to retain your talented engineers.
    2)L&T Has become a Learning & Training Institute.
    3)We tell that we are organized and well established in quality and work culture, let me tell you WE PROVIDE WORST WORK CULTURE and our people has NO PERSONAL LIFE.
    4) LET ME TELL YOU if we continue our company in the same fashion by harrasing our staff and continue our strict 12 hour shift , i am sure we will loose best people of our company . Already we have lost and we are lacking in quality.
    5)When many companies are able to work with 8 Hours shift why not our company make it like that.Make target based working rather than making staff to stay compulsory for 12 hours.
    6)Rating system is all based on old method which is not performance based but based on your BOSS.
     SIR we need change in HR policies and New strategy to deal with future circumstance . Please request try to make a change and bring our people back. MAKE it 8 Hour shift in Construction sites and provided atleast 06 days of weekly holidays compulsory . Sunday working is a waste of resource and shows how backword we are still.