Enriching Experience!

Pros

Great employees, fun work environment, and renowned clients all add up to a great experience that makes it easy to come to work. The staff and management of L7 Creative are very friendly and are always looking for ways to better the relationship with clients, as well as bettering themselves and others. Every day is a learning adventure that exposes you to a rewarding career! The agency on the whole is a cohesive unit filled with talented members always ready for the next test ahead!

Cons

Just like any other agency that is dealing with multiple big projects, a busy environment leaves little room for training, however, a little adaptability fixes that easily!

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating, and having a fun company culture. Rock on, L7!

Other Employee Reviews for L7 Creative Communications

1. As my first ever internship experience, L7 Creative proved to be a supportive place that exposed me to agency life.

Former Intern - Client Services Intern in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Intern - Client Services Intern in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at L7 Creative Communications as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is very fun, friendly and creative. Everyone here is so supportive of everyone's lives and work. I like how the employees at L7 work together like a team. No one likes to take sole credit for a project and everyone can speak freely, always open to new ideas and opinions, even from an intern. I also like how the company creates relationships with their clients. It always surprises me how much effort they put into presentations and into keeping updated with a client's life, work, and industry. L7 truly cares about their clients. As an internship, I was exposed to much more than I imagined. I was actually able to write copy, do some web development and dip my toes into a lot of different aspects of agency life. I think it was a good introduction into the digital media world for someone like me who had no experience in this industry what-so-ever.

Cons

I think the internship program could be improved a bit. There was very little structure. I was doing a great variety of tasks and learning to do new things, but never really knew what I was doing or what the purpose of it was. I would say that the majority tasks seemed like a lot of busy work (necessary busy work), which I understand no one else really has the time to do, so they pass it off to the intern. This is completely reasonable, but it just got a bit boring at times. I also find that since the company is so close internally it felt like I was an intruder for most of the time, until the last few weeks of the internship.

Stand clear.

Former Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Digital Account Coordinator in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at L7 Creative Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gain some basic work experience in a cool office. You can learn a lot from Harley. Some clients are special and great to work with, but overall this company isn't doing anything innovative.

Cons

Micromanagement, big company level politics, and inflated egos at a family business. You cannot work less than 40 hours or leave early, but overtime isn't recognized or appreciated.

Advice to Management

Follow your own rules and let your employees do what you hired them for. Pay decent salaries. Hold yourself accountable. Do you realize everyone begins counting down the week on Monday morning? No one is happy.