L7 Creative Communications

www.l7creative.com
There are newer employer reviews for L7 Creative Communications

Enriching Experience!

I have been working at L7 Creative Communications

Pros

Great employees, fun work environment, and renowned clients all add up to a great experience that makes it easy to come to work.

The staff and management of L7 Creative are very friendly and are always looking for ways to better the relationship with clients, as well as bettering themselves and others. Every day is a learning adventure that exposes you to a rewarding career! The agency on the whole is a cohesive unit filled with talented members always ready for the next test ahead!

Cons

Just like any other agency that is dealing with multiple big projects, a busy environment leaves little room for training, however, a little adaptability fixes that easily!

Keep on communicating, and having a fun company culture. Rock on, L7!

23 Other Employee Reviews for L7 Creative Communications (View Most Recent)

L7 Creative: Masters of Smoke and Mirrors

I have been working at L7 Creative Communications

Pros

Wonderful, talented and fun employees who make it enjoyable to come to work everyday. Employees are very knowledgeable about the advertising industry and their experience makes up for the lack of such in the management positions. It is inevitable that employees bond and become extremely close, as this is what helps them get through day by day.

Cons

The talent that is abundant in the agency is suppressed due to the management style implemented at the company. This is almost crippling to L7's employees. Suggestions are not welcome and it is difficult, if not impossible, to accomplish tasks because of the management's inability to focus and understand client needs. It seems to be quite a challenge for leaders at L7 to see the bigger picture. Senior management has a basic disregard for any fundamental principles of marketing, advertising and best business practices in general. On a daily basis, ethics are compromised and management provides poor examples for employees.

The agency holds clients on a project basis--these are mostly recruitment clients with no need for long-term goals or strategy. Employees are used as assistants rather than integral team members.

There have been numerous cycles of turnover since the agency opened and each year history repeats itself, there is no such thing as evolution here. Potential employees are enticed by the idea of working here under false pretenses--managers are experts when it comes to smoke and mirrors. Nepotism and favoritism is prevalent and there is no recognition of great work or opportunity to further your career in any way unless you are in the same gene pool.

It would be highly beneficial for management at L7 to take some time to gain insight on how successful agencies operate or consider moving the business out of the advertising/marketing industry. Examine why it seems employees can work together seamlessly until senior management gets involved and the projects fall apart. Managers could learn a lot from the employees they hired if they would just allow them to do their jobs.

As my first ever internship experience, L7 Creative proved to be a supportive place that exposed me to agency life.

Former Employee - Client Services Intern in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Intern in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at L7 Creative Communications as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The culture here is very fun, friendly and creative. Everyone here is so supportive of everyone's lives and work. I like how the employees at L7 work together like a team. No one likes to take sole credit for a project and everyone can speak freely, always open to new ideas and opinions, even from an intern. I also like how the company creates relationships with their clients. It always surprises me how much effort they put into presentations and into keeping updated with a client's life, work, and industry. L7 truly cares about their clients.
    As an internship, I was exposed to much more than I imagined. I was actually able to write copy, do some web development and dip my toes into a lot of different aspects of agency life. I think it was a good introduction into the digital media world for someone like me who had no experience in this industry what-so-ever.

Cons

I think the internship program could be improved a bit. There was very little structure. I was doing a great variety of tasks and learning to do new things, but never really knew what I was doing or what the purpose of it was. I would say that the majority tasks seemed like a lot of busy work (necessary busy work), which I understand no one else really has the time to do, so they pass it off to the intern. This is completely reasonable, but it just got a bit boring at times.
    I also find that since the company is so close internally it felt like I was an intruder for most of the time, until the last few weeks of the internship.

There are newer employer reviews for L7 Creative Communications