L7 Creative Communications

www.l7creative.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for L7 Creative Communications

Only limited by what you're willing to ask for.

Former Intern - Client Service in Carlsbad, CA
Former Intern - Client Service in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at L7 Creative Communications as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The setting is as you imagined when you here about advertising agencies, and does make you feel like you're in the right place. All members of the staff are welcoming and willing to assist with any questions and training, including the most senior level members, in fact I noticed Tom, the CCO/Owner, had a novel I was interested in reading and he insisted I borrow it, on one of my first days there. That type of trust is translated to work, where even interns are able to contribute greatly towards client facing work.

Cons

The onus is on you, the intern, to seek specific training beyond the general training provided. Which isn't necessarily a con, depending on what you like. When you do ask, staff are absolutely willing to help, but you need to be proactive and communicate what you would like to do.

Keep doing what you're doing. The management are as enthusiastic about advertising as me, a fresh faced intern, and have a great desire to do superior creative work, which at the end of the day is why we are all in the business.

23 Other Employee Reviews for L7 Creative Communications (View Most Recent)

A truly rewarding place to work

Current Employee - Digital Account Assistant in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Account Assistant in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at L7 Creative Communications part-time

Pros

1. The people, hands down not just nice people, but they really care about not just their coworkers, but also their clients. Everyone is so dedicated to doing what's best for the client and values their relationships with their clients that it creates a motivating and positive environment. Never do I think I've met such a great group of people who are so in tune with each other and committed to the same standards of service.

2. The environment. There's definitely some of that laid back California style here. While everyone is professional and at times stressed by deadlines, overall everyone is relaxed and comfortable with each other and together creates a great environment to concentrate and get work done, with just the right amount of fun in between.

3. The work. Maybe I'm bias because I love the type of work that comes with working in an agency, but I find that the research and hard work that I've put into client projects is rewarding and totally satisfying to see it come to fruition.

Cons

It can get pretty stressful around deadlines, but it's my impression that that's the business we're in. All projects are going to have deadlines, and since everyone cares so much about sticking to them so that clients aren't disappointed,

I like their style. Everyone knows of environments where the upper management are tough to approach and sort of out of touch with all the other employees, but here they operate on the same level, and no employees would ever hesitate to come to any of them for help with a problem, be it personal or work related.

Put your best foot forward, since there's no substance behind the facade

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at L7 Creative Communications full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- The workspace is impressive (since appearances are everything with this company)
    - Talented and ambitious employees who really want to get a experience in the industry

Cons

- Rigorous hiring process that all employees are forced to participate in that also trick new employees to feel there is lots of competition for positions
    - Poor communication by upper management
    - Bottom of the barrel wages: this employer absolutely takes advantage of the economy, offering only entry-level wages, even to candidates with experience
    - Awkward office relations from never knowing if your job is secure
    - Office forcing people to write positive reviews on this site to better the average

- A mark of a strong leader is transparency; these guys don't have it. When big changes are on the horizon, no one knows. It's like a bad rumor that starts going around, but is never addressed. Since it's a small team, things like that can truly poison a group, which is what leads to low morale and people leaving (and poor reviews, as evidenced by this website).
    - Bottom Line: Most people who work here feel taken advantage of; from low wages to long hours

There are newer employer reviews for L7 Creative Communications