LA Fitness International LLC.
www.lafitness.com 1000 to 5000 Employees

Micro-managed and pushed to make high pressure sales

Training General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsYou can make very good money if you put in time. Free gym membership and you get to talk fitness all day long.

ConsCompany employs questionably ethical practices in regards to membership sales and contracts. They encouraged high pressure sales tactics in order to meet daily goals, and if you didn't meet goal 2 or 3 pay periods in a row you were typically terminated. As a Training General Manager I routinely received 9-12 phone calls a day from the VP regarding setting appointments and posted sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on decreasing attrition through improved customer service and give GM greater ability to attract and retain more highly qualified trainers.

Notification of Closing of location

Towson, MD

I have been working at LA Fitness International LLC. part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Would not recommend this company to work or patronize. Cons: Company did not notify employees directly until signs posted in club for days and all members knew. No apology or offer to assist… Advice to Senior Management: Show consideration to long time employees. The lack of consideration for employees and members in the closing of the Towson,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible Company run by fitness clowns

Personal Training Director (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

I worked at LA Fitness International LLC. full-time for more than a year

Pros: Free Gym membership, Absolutely no accountability as long as you… Cons: Minimum wage plus commission (which they take back if the client does ,and they will, cancel their membership) and bonuses which you will hardly see… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in your product. The trainers! If you want to keep loyal customers, invest in the education… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LA Fitness International LLC..

Worked for LA Fitness International LLC.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness International LLC. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LA Fitness International LLC. CEO Louis Welch. All reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness International LLC. employees.