LA Fitness International LLC.
www.lafitness.com 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fun and energetic and eventful

Personal Trainer (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

Pros1. Work your own hours as a trainer.
2. meet lots of people doing what you love to do.
3.Locations everywhere so it is possible for a transfer if you move to a new city
4. Opportunity to advance

Cons1. pay could be better especially for those have longevity with company
2. need more fitness equipment to use ( medicine balls, bands, etc.)
3. No vacation pay for trainers.
4. The highest you can get raise from starting salary is $1.50
5. Club Management Changes often

Advice to Senior Management1. Every club can't be run exactly the same do to demographics.
2. lower demographic areas need to have incentive to purchase training. With a Clause (Address, and if you purchase training in a lower income area you must use it at that club only. if purchased at low rate. $25 dollars special was a big hit at my club).
3. Suggestion to go back to buying monthly sessions (ex. 5, 6, 3, 10) for contract. the members i encountered want to purchase training like that but don't want to be forced into 4,8,12,16 sessions. when the PTD's tell them the prices they get mad and end up not buying at all.
4. Maybe come with a plan that if they buy 8 or more they can get charged every other month for 12.
5. Give the sales people the opportunity to give free sessions again as long as it doesn't go below bottom line. human nature people want to think they are getting a deal and the best way is by giving them something they think is free. that was a big help in selling when i first began to work for LaFitness.
6. Please figure away to give the trainers more money without selling. right now you max out at $1.50 with so many months worked. There have been trainers like myself there for 5 years. we have lost some great people because of the pay scale. most trainers enjoy training and have no time to sell because we are training.
7. one more thing please allow trainers to take a paid vacation. per year after 36 mos worked with minimum 100 sessions trained for 2 consecutive months prior to vacation

Aerobics Instructor

Aerobics Instructor (Current Employee)
    Pasadena, MD

I have been working at LA Fitness International LLC. part-time for more than a year

Pros: • My starting pay was $22 per class, which is slightly more than other gyms I have taught at in the area. • The gym is still… Cons: • I’ve been at the gym for 2+ years, since they opened in April of 2011, and there has been no talk of getting a raise.… Advice to Senior Management: Please communicate with your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Sales Counselor expectations are ridiculous!

Sales Counselor (Current Employee)
    North Miami, FL

I have been working at LA Fitness International LLC. full-time for less than a year

Pros: Get to help allot of people with there fitness goals.… Cons: Unfair pay structure. LA Fitness pays you commission or minimum wage, whichever is higher. What they fail to inform you is, to pass minimum wage… Advice to Senior Management: Low employee turnover should be a priority. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LA Fitness International LLC..

Worked for LA Fitness International LLC.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness International LLC. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LA Fitness International LLC. CEO Louis Welch. All reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness International LLC. employees.