LA Fitness
www.lafitness.co.uk Doncaster, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

My previous employer was acquired by LA and it has been hectic and stressful but rewarding.

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Saint Clair Shores, MI

ProsThe best reason to work in Operations at LA Fitness is the pay. For their education and experience expectations the pay is great! Also building relationships with members is always fulfilling. Last, would be the experience, the responsibilities prepare you for an impressive resume.

ConsThe amount of stress is enormous. Running a business to someone else's expectations is difficult as well as ever changing expectations and measurable metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say to solidify standards. For example, with member issues there should be a standard of handling things as opposed to the member knowing it all depends on who they talk to.

Most unethical company I have ever worked for

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

I worked at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros: Operations Managers do not have to work weekends Cons: When you are hired, you are not given all the information about the position. The company wants you to be brainwashed into thinking their way.… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to respect and value your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not organized- people don't care

Front Desk (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I worked at LA Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros: Free gym membership, easy work Cons: Poor management, slacking employees, unprofessional No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LA Fitness.

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LA Fitness CEO Martin Long . All reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness employees.