LA Fitness
www.lafitness.co.uk Doncaster, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Corporate Business at it's worst

Fitness Instructor (Former Employee)
Evanston, IL

ProsI was able to teach class however I wanted because no one ever came and watched my class to see if I was following the guidelines or any other similar class for that matter.
Memebership is low priced.

ConsI worked at two different locations.I was teacher. One of the locations actually did not supply me with a cd player for over a year, so no music for the class! The front desk staff was generally uninformed of whatever questions people seemed to have. One club was dirty and things like the towel wringer were broken without being fixed. The manager was repeatedly rude to the club members . The members always complained about poor service. The member and employee turnover was and I suspect still is due to the disatisfaction level.Basically, what I saw was the club is always trying to increase it's membership so the mamagers, employees were stressed at the numbers level they were expected to obtain.Also, the managers would drive insane distances( 1-1 1/2 hrs sometimes) to a club rather tahn being placed in thier local area or somewhat local area. Pay is exceptionally low.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employess and members with the respect and consideration they deserve.

Horrible pay, Poor Management, Corrupt management

Personal Trainer (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

I worked at LA Fitness as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: flexible schedule, free membership for you and a family member. Cons: Horrible pay, Poor Management, Corrupt management, client poaching is very common among workers, No benefits!! pay is $6 per session, each session is 30min, 2 session=… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It all depends on who your GM is

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros: For the most part good people, fun working enviornment, room… Cons: If you have a bad GM you will hate your job and as much as you're going to be there it's going to be your… Advice to Senior Management: Only hire managers with a fitness background. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LA Fitness.

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LA Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LA Fitness CEO Martin Long . All reviews posted anonymously by LA Fitness employees.