There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

Growing company where you could grow

I worked at LA Fitness

Pros

- Very clean, spaced out working environment
- All the benefits that you want and need
- Being a part of marketing and meeting many new people
- Fun, outside of work activities

Cons

- There is no Graphic Design department, just one or two designers. That is a problem.
- Lack of organization when it comes to priorities for the designers

377 Other Employee Reviews for LA Fitness (View Most Recent)

Minimum Wage and fired out of the blue!

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at LA Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible hours; worked with some great people.

Cons

The Personal Trainers get an astonishingly small amount of the "cut" that is charged to the client for personal training. Personal Trainers get paid a paltry $6.00 per 25 minute session. This is just barely minimum wage. Clients are charged from $35 to $50 per session!
    With no notice, 15 of our 20 personal trainers were fired last week because we were working part time. It is a really DUMB move by corporate management. We only get paid when we have a client so whats the money savings?? Also, many of the clients who were with those trainers who were fired are very upset. End result is that LAF will LOOSE business because of firing us. Also with only 5 full time trainers, they don't have enough hours in the day to train all of the people now who have paid for personal training.

Some background on me - I'm not some 20 year old kid who doesn't know anything about how to run a business. I am a retired military officer and have 20 years experience in leadership, operations and efficiency. My advice to the management of LA Fitness would be that before you make rash decisions to fire everyone that works part time, a closer study of the ramifications should be conducted. As a result of your decision, you are loosing some excellent personal trainers. Not only that, two of the managers at our particular location have decided to leave and work at other gyms. I think that says a lot about how they feel about the management of this company.

Very stressful during a dry spell, but a fun game when times are good.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at LA Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free membership, cool people, good resume builder, excellent way to sharpen sales skills, great marketing training

Cons

Low pay, very stressful, jerk upper management, inconsistent policies

Pay the people that work hard what they deserve.

There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness