There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

Fun and energetic and eventful

Current Employee - Personal Trainer  in  Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at LA Fitness part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Work your own hours as a trainer.
2. meet lots of people doing what you love to do.
3.Locations everywhere so it is possible for a transfer if you move to a new city
4. Opportunity to advance

Cons

1. pay could be better especially for those have longevity with company
2. need more fitness equipment to use ( medicine balls, bands, etc.)
3. No vacation pay for trainers.
4. The highest you can get raise from starting salary is $1.50
5. Club Management Changes often

1. Every club can't be run exactly the same do to demographics.
2. lower demographic areas need to have incentive to purchase training. With a Clause (Address, and if you purchase training in a lower income area you must use it at that club only. if purchased at low rate. $25 dollars special was a big hit at my club).
3. Suggestion to go back to buying monthly sessions (ex. 5, 6, 3, 10) for contract. the members i encountered want to purchase training like that but don't want to be forced into 4,8,12,16 sessions. when the PTD's tell them the prices they get mad and end up not buying at all.
4. Maybe come with a plan that if they buy 8 or more they can get charged every other month for 12.
5. Give the sales people the opportunity to give free sessions again as long as it doesn't go below bottom line. human nature people want to think they are getting a deal and the best way is by giving them something they think is free. that was a big help in selling when i first began to work for LaFitness.
6. Please figure away to give the trainers more money without selling. right now you max out at $1.50 with so many months worked. There have been trainers like myself there for 5 years. we have lost some great people because of the pay scale. most trainers enjoy training and have no time to sell because we are training.
7. one more thing please allow trainers to take a paid vacation. per year after 36 mos worked with minimum 100 sessions trained for 2 consecutive months prior to vacation

358 Other Employee Reviews for LA Fitness (View Most Recent)

They act like we worked for the president.

Former Employee - Front Desk  in  Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gain a lot of experience and skills , active and fun atmosphere, good pay, and free membership.

Cons

very demanding and abusive manager loved to make scenes in front if everyone if something went wrong and blame it on whoever was right there, the coworkers were very cocky, the customers are extremely picky (especially in that area), training wasn't even legitimate kind of just throw you in quick sand and you have to figure it out on your own.

Trainer

Former Employee - Personal Trainer  in  West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in West Chester, OH

I worked at LA Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None that I can recall

Cons

Very poor customer service
    Difficult to get a manager to resolve issues, mostly overbilling issues
    DO NOT value personal training nor experience

There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!