There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

Outrageously horrible company to work for! If you're considering becoming a Sales Counselor, save your time!

Current Employee - Membership Sales Counselor  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Membership Sales Counselor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free gym membership to any LA Fitness and you're able to bring up to two guests every time.

Cons

Minimum wage, long hours, hostile/competitive work environment, no benefits, and very hard to make your commission.

Take care of the employees at the bottom of the totem pole then maybe your company can improve its retention rate.

352 Other Employee Reviews for LA Fitness (View Most Recent)

I was a Personal Training Director and it was one of the two worst jobs I've ever had in my life.

Former Employee - Personal Training Director  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Training Director in Orlando, FL

I worked at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

during my downtime, I could workout. some of the guests were nice. I met some good coworkers. it was close to home. (in other words, all the pros had nothing to do with the company itself, as there were none)

Cons

too many hours per day - my schedule was 9-1 and then 4-8 (and often I was there until 9 or 10). so basically my entire day was spent there. the pay was horrible. the company lets you know that you're insignificant. you get no support. in fact the opposite is true - you feel antagonized. I could go on and on with the cons list.

No one's asking for lollipops and hugs, but happy employees who sign on to your mission make a company what it is. Learn from great companies and change the way you treat your people (including your customers, employees, vendors, community, etc.), or you won't survive. Someone will come along and do it better. That's capitalism, and it works. Just look at Circuit City vs. Best Buy, or a ton of other examples.

Does not care about employees.

Former Employee - Operations Associate  in  Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in Arlington, TX

I worked at LA Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy. Tasks are very easy and doesnt require any education. mgmt doesn't care about employees. Very relaxed environment.

Cons

High turn over, sales guys are mostly uneducated younger guys who has no idea what they're doing.

There are newer employer reviews for LA Fitness

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!