LA Fitness

www.lafitness.co.uk

Sick Culture Steals Your Soul

Sales Counselor (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsTo learn the worst of the fitness business culture and old school sales management and know what to look for when you leave.

ConsClub (sales) managers do not manage. Control is dictated from the district manager and Regional manager. Old school management of fear and intimidation. Always threatening to demote and fire - which they do every 2-weeks. Typical equity partner type business where people are expendable.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand you will implode at some point if you do not begin to understand your people are your greatest asset not an inconvenience in doing business. It appears the company is growing to be sold which explains the frenetic management style.

Worst experience of my life

Weekend Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at LA Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros: None, there is nothing redeeming about this company in the… Cons: Long hours, I worked a minimum of 75 hours and 6 days a week. My manager got her job (even though she'd never worked in… Advice to Senior Management: Don't make the weekend manager the sales manager and the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

high turnover, hard place to make a buck

Personal Training Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at LA Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros: gym atmosphere, good looking people Cons: split shifts 9-1, 4-8 usually 3x/wk, work almost every sat… More
There are newer reviews on LA Fitness.

Worked for LA Fitness? Contribute to the Community!