There are newer employer reviews for LA Quinta

I have never worked a day of my life while being employed with La Quinta because I enjoy and have fun in my career here.

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for because of the culture this company has. This company heavily believes in promoting from within and believes in treating everyone is family. The willingness of everyone willing to help everyone out whenever a challenge is presented is far and few between in most companies nowadays but this company looks out for each other.

Cons

Moving up can be challenging if you're not more flexible with your schedule. Traveling is a definite must if you're wanting to move up within the company. Moving up to the general manager level requires learning on the job while managing other properties that are not always necessarily close to home from time to time. This company doesn't force you to go to places if there are other obligations such as family keeping from doing so, but the more flexible you are the more opportunities you will have.

Advice to Management

Overall from where this company was when I started several years ago to where it is now as I have become a member of management from an hourly employee, my message would be to continue to listen to your employees to grow as managers as your employees learn to grow as employees. By doing so this company can continue to grow and hey chief greater things that weren't there several years ago.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Wake up on the bright side? If you're talking about the bright side of hell.

Former Employee - Maintenance
    Former Employee - Maintenance

I worked at LA Quinta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are poor and have no other job prospects and you enjoy being asked to do everything and rewarded for nothing this is the place for you. Never forget that any GM from any property can end your career.

Cons

Be prepared to do it all, no matter what job you are hired for. Then get in trouble for doing it all. You can't win.

Advice to Management

Try listening to the employees once in a while, we're the ones there every day just trying to do our jobs. You put GMs in place that are set up for failure. Thanks for ruining numerous people's lives.

La Quinta

I have been working at LA Quinta full-time

Pros

There are some great people that work for this company! Everyone for the most part works really hard to make sure things are done the right way and they all look out for each other.

Cons

The company itself is extremely cheap! They focus more on saving money than they do quality for both the guests and especially the employees!!!!! The benefits are mediocre, the pay is not enough for the work expected of you!

Advice to Management

Stop treating staff like an expense and learn to treat them all as the individuals they are! Just because you don't know an employee personally doesn't mean they aren't valuable! RAISE THE PAY you make enough money each year!