LAMPS PLUS
www.lampsplus.com Chatsworth, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not a Place for Advancement

Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at LAMPS PLUS part-time

ProsEasy job. Sell to customers and make your goals and make your goals. If you don't have ambition to move up then starting in sales is a great place for you.

ConsThey're very bad about promoting people. They expect everyone to clean, do stock work, assemble merchandise, etc. Even though it cuts into your sales and you're on commission. If you're a stronger sales person they let you bet by without doing a lot. They promote stealing from each other by pushing you to make goals and when people steal they look the other way as long as the person doing it is on their top performer.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more fair. Promote from within. Recognize tenure. Make sure your managers stand up for what's right and not what's easiest.

Great Place to work

Senior Web Developer (Former Employee)
Chatsworth, CA

I worked at LAMPS PLUS full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great Place to work at Cons: not so great benefits if you have a family Advice to Senior Management: get better benefits Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Hard work, more technical than expected, a lot asked of you on top of sales requirements

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Tukwila, WA

I worked at LAMPS PLUS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun designing lighting plans, helping people Cons: Being a sales associate is not your only duty, they tack on… Advice to Senior Management: Let sales people be sales people No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on LAMPS PLUS.

Worked for LAMPS PLUS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LAMPS PLUS reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LAMPS PLUS CEO Dennis Swanson. All reviews posted anonymously by LAMPS PLUS employees.