There are newer employer reviews for LCBO

Easy job, the day flies by

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative - Customer Service Representative - Fixed Term in North Bay, ON (Canada)

Pros

It is an easy job, not stressful. I was a fixed term over Christmas so it was crazy busy but I loved that. A good job to get some cash in your pocket. Manager was happy to accomodate everyone's wishes for the schedule.

Cons

Apparently you need to work as a fulltime employee for so many years (6+?) before getting a raise or being able to transfer store locations. And in my opinion its nearly impossible to get hired as fulltime. They hire so many casuals and fixed terms who work 40+ hours during the busy seasons, then they hire others as part-time. It seems kind of impossible to move up. People at my location were quite bitter, unhappy people. I loved the job, but they were all a drag to be around and I believe its because of the reasons I mentioned above. They say they're overworked and underpaid.... but its the easiest job ever and i didn't see how they were overworked.

Advice to Management

With being there only a month, my only advice would be to not take a smoke break every 30 minutes. Just because you smoke doesn't mean you deserve a 10 minute break every half hour throughout the day - while the rest of us continue working.

Other Employee Reviews for LCBO

1. hard way to make a living

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in North Bay, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in North Bay, ON (Canada)

Pros

pay is decent co-workers are great

Cons

hours are extremely low due to hiring multiple casual workers to keep hours down so they don't have to pay out benefits.

Great organization, no room to grow

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

Pros

- Great work life balance - supportive management

Cons

- Compensation is well below industry average - Little to no growth opportunities

Advice to Management

- Increase salary bands and titles of employees